Today in My History
Books Read in 2016
Books Read in 2016
Mirror Site for RSS
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piñata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
LOOKING BACK, PART 2
31 Dec 2016
I've been trying to do this every year toward the end of December, so here goes. The whole questionnaire runs 50 questions. Part 1 ran on December 28.
26. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
27. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2016?
28. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2016?
29. Did you treat somebody badly in 2016?
30. Did somebody treat you badly in 2016?
32. What do you wish you'd done more of in 2016?
33. What do you wish you'd done less of?
35. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
36. What song will always remind you of 2016?
37. How many stage shows did you see in 2016?
38. Did you have a favorite stage show in 2016?
There were several plays from which to choose in picking my five favorite productions this year. In no particular order...
Gospel According to First Squad is the very powerful third in Tom Burmester’s "War Cycle," which attempts to show the effects of war on the combatants and their families. It was presented by U.C. Davis and deserved a broader audience.
The Davis Musical Theater Company has grown a lot in its 30+ year history and its recent Music Man was excellent, with one of the best Harold Hills I’ve seen (Richard Wall, in his DMTC debut). It also produced a superlative Man of La Mancha, with a magnificent set and professional quality cast.
Bells are Ringing, part of the Davis Shakespeare Ensemble’s summer festival reminded us how good the old musicals are, and had the quintessential musical comedy couple in Gia Battista and Ian Hopps.
Capital Stage’s Blackberry Winter was a tour de force one woman show about the effects of Alzheimers on an adult daughter. Amy Resnick gave a riveting performance that was both heartbreaking and funny at the same time.
39. What was your greatest musical discovery?
40. What was the best book you read?
41. What was your favorite film of this year?
42. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
43. What did you want and get?
44. What did you want and not get?
45. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more
46. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
47. What kept you sane?
48. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
49. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
50. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
** HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY! **
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Someone lost a tooth this week!
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #6121