Today in My History
are the Heroes?
Size Really Matters
It's Over with Me and Tony
An Historic Decision
Time to Pack Your Bags
Thanks for the Turkey
Our Dam Day
The Weirdness of Dogs
Shake Down Cruise
Playing with the Little kids...and Big kids
Books Read in 2015
Kalahari Typing School for Men"
Mirror Site for RSS
Letter from Miché
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Pinata Group
mail to Walt
mail to Bev
17 May 2015
Stolen from: Lots of
1. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you
A sleepy old lady.
2. What are your choice of toppings on a hamburger?
I'm pretty much a purist. I like cheesseburgers with nothing else (no
sauce at all, no lettuce) on them. Occasionally I'll splurge and add
sauteed mushrooms and/or carmelized onions.
3. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you
only get to ask one question. What do you ask?
What's the first thing you're going to do after you get out of the White
4. It’s your first day of vacation, what are you doing?
My first day of "vacation" came in 2003, when I retired. In 2015,
every day is a vacation.
5. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?
Odd that it may seem, I am capable of sitting in a theater for 2 hours
without eating. (The cost is prohibitive!)
6. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?
I use "Mail Washer," which picks up most of the spam, but the pop-up ads are
driving me nuts since I got the new computer (and I can't remember how I got
rid of them on the old one)
7. What do you think Captain Hook’s name was before he had a hook for a
Percival. (I think it really was James but he looks like a Percival)
8. Rock, paper, or scissors?
Scissors (actually paper, but I think paper is generally the loser)
9. Let's say a brick fell on your foot, and your kid is standing right
next to you, what is your 'cleaned up’ swear word?
Since my kids are all pushing 50, I would say the very first thing that came
to mind, since I don't have to keep in mind the tiny tots any more.
10. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?
Definitey too loud! It's why I hate New York, a city I really want to
fall in love with because it has so much to offer, but it truly is "the city
that never sleeps" and I just can't stand the noise.
11. What is one quality that you really appreciate in a person?
A sense of humor
12. At the good old general store, what particular kind of candy would
you expect to be in the big jar at the counter?
Peppermints or licorice and I would have neither since I don't like either
13. What is the most distinguishing landmark in your city?
This city doesn't have fancy landmarks. The most distinguishing one
would be the water tower on the University campus, which you can see from
14. Everyone hears discussions that they consider boring. What topic can
put you to sleep quicker than any other?
Science talk I don't understand, or "mansplaining"
things I already know.
15. How many times did it take you to pass your drivers test?
16. If you had to have the same topping on your vanilla ice cream for the
rest of your life, what topping would you choose?
Hmmmm....probably caramel. I want to say "hot fudge" but I am almost
always disappointed in the hot fudge I get. Caramel is pretty consistent.
17. What food item would need to be removed from the market altogether in
order for you to live a healthier, longer life?
18. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then
told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that
may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you
take your chances with the second?
Given my very poor luck history, I'd be better off keeping the $50.
19. If you had to choose, which would you give up: cable TV, or DSL/cable
Cable TV. With high speed DLS, I can get most of the shows I want to
watch on cable via the internet anyway!
20. What is your highest level of education?
One year of college
21. How much is a gallon of gas in your city? What was the highest it’s
I think it's $3.69 now. It has been over $5.00
22. What kind of lunch box did you have as a kid?
I don't think I had a fancy decorated one. All I can think of is a
blue metal lunch box.
23. What would you rather have, a nanny, a housekeeper, a cook, or a
If the cook would also plan, shop, and clean up, a cook.
24. Would you rather be trapped in an elevator, or stuck in traffic?
I have achieved a Zen-ish state about traffic. With audio books, I
almost welcome a traffic jam because it give me more time with my book.
An elevator is a totally different thing!!