Today in My History
Paper Packages Tied Up with String
The Bride was a Real Bitch
Here We Come
Grandma Got Run Over
by a Reindeer
Six Weird Things
Chunk on a Chair
Ho Ho Ho and a Bah
Invited the Grinch?
Bright Shiny Beads
The Cruel Brain
I've Created Monster
Our Christmas Letter, 2015
"The Behavior of Broadus"
Books Read in 2015
"Shake Hands Forever"
Mirror Site for RSS
The New Brasilian in my
(his video is
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Pinata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
mail to Walt
mail to Bev
20 December 2015
1. Have you been naughty or nice this year?
Nice, of course. I'm always nice.
2. What do you want most for Christmas?
A new Republican candidate for president.
3. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Miracle on 34th Street, the original, with Maureen O'Hara and Natalie
Wood, not the remake. I also like White Christmas.
4. How many Christmas cards do you normally send out?
I used to send >100, but with postage skyrocketing, I went to an
letter, which goes out to about 100 people. A shortened version
(fewer photos) goes to a handful of people for whom I do not have e-mail
addresses. This year I have sent fewer than usual because when my
computer died, I lost many of my addresses!
5. Do you still get a stocking?
Only fuzzy socks, which I wear, not stockings that get hung up to be filled.
6. What is your favorite Christmas song?
"Silver Bells" (Bing Crosby version) and "Little Drummer Boy"
7. What is your favorite Christmas tv special?
It's not exactly a Christmas special, but this is the season where they
usually run Wizard of Oz and I usually watch that. I do love
A Charlie Brown Christmas, though.
8. What is your favorite way to wrap gifts?
I've always loved wrapping gifts in wrapping paper, and used to make ornate
ribbons with roses and other fancy things, though lately I have been using
more bags than wrapping paper, I think
9. What do you look forward to most at Christmas?
Seeing the grandkids.
10. What did you do for Christmas this year?
Well, this should be what WILL you do for Christmas, since it's being posted
the Saturday before. This will be a very low key Christmas since Jeri
and Ned and their spouses are going to Jamaica and my mother forgets that
it's Christmas. Tom and his family will come over and spend some time
with her (and us) some time Christmas day. But it will not seem like
the Christmases of old, when we had lots and lots of people here at our
11. Who do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?
My granddaughter, Brianna...but I suspect there will be no mistletoe.
12. What kind of Christmas tree do you have?
With no company coming, we have not put up a tree, though I will probably
today get our ornament tree set up.
13. Did you take part in a Secret Santa?
Not in many years.
14. Did you go to any Christmas parties?
No, but we will go to a Boxing Day party on the 26th
15. How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?
When the kids were little, we would get up around 6, at first because they
woke us up and later, as they got older, because we were eager for THEM to
get up. Now, we just sleep till we will just sleep till we wake up,
since there won't be anybody here on Christmas morning but the two of us.