Today in My History
Doesn't Live Here
Where Have All the Flowers
Peace on Earth Good
Will Toward Men
An Old Waddle Family
A Charlie Brown
We. Are. Fam-i-ly
On Being an Idiot
The Tradition of
Santa Read My Letter
Dreaded Christmas Letter
Get Me to the Couch on Time
Our Christmas Letter, 2015
"Miracle On 34th St: The Musical"
Books Read in 2015
"Shake Hands Forever"
Mirror Site for RSS
The New Brasilian in my
(his video is
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Pinata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
mail to Walt
mail to Bev
13 December 2015
Why Do You Want To Know That Meme, part two
Stolen from: Love me some
25. List 3 activities that you can only enjoy by yourself.
* Web surfing
26. If you could live in any biome* (and survive) which biome would you
live in? (*a large naturally occurring community of flora and fauna
occupying a major habitat, e.g., forest or tundra.)
I would love to live in an area where I could observe "the big five" in
Africa, preferably in an insect-free, air conditioned cabin with wifi,
though that is not "naturally occurring")
27. How do you like being roused in the morning?
I'm never roused. I rouse myself without alarm clock or animal
assistance. I generally wake up in a good mood.
28. How was your day? What did you do?
Quiet. Lots of TV watching, writing at the computer and nap taking in
preparation for reviewing a new show.
29. What did your last text message say?
"Did I remember to send you a copy of our Christmas letter?"
30. Do you respond to texts quickly?
As soon as I see them (though admittedly this might be a day later, since I
don't check for texts often, since I receive so few of them)
31. Who was the last person you called?
A Chinese restaurant to find out if they are open on Christmas (they
32. List 5 things that are on your wish list.
* World Peace
* A Clean House
* Trump's withdrawal from the race
* A cure for dementia
* A nice visit with our granddaughters on Christmas day
33. If you were famous, what do you think you would be famous for?
I would hope it would be for writing, but I'm not holding my breath!
34. Winter or summer?
Oh definitely winter.
35. What is a quality that all people should have?
36. If you could have a large collection of one item, what would that
I'm at a point in my life where I want to divest myself of items (even
books) rather than collect them.
37. What have you been thinking about lately?
My mother. Always my mother.
38. What is the secret to a happy life?
Being content with what you have and not wanting what you can't have.
39. What are some phrases you say often?
f***; cool; I always think there's a band, kid; "are you hungry? Do you want
Dinner?!" (said in an excited tone to the dogs)
40. Favorite food?
Normally I say Dungeness crab, but since we can't eat that here now due to
poisons in the ocean, I'll have to say good Chinese food (sadly, the best
place for that here in Davis has closed).
41. What is your wish for the world?
Peace and bathrooms for all
42. What are some of your greatest fears?
President Trump (shudder!)
43. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
I didn't download to my computer, but I downloaded a Trivial Pursuit
app to my cell phone.
44. Most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen (in real life)?
Oh so many things! The Cliffs of Mohr in Ireland, the Indian Ocean in
Australia, the cathedral at Kizhi Island in Russia, some incredible silk
embroidery in China, La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona; San Francisco on a
crystal clear day, so many views from so many mountain tops .... and more.
45. Spicy food: Like or dislike?
I'm more a mild spice kinda person. You will not see me using sriracha,
46. Scary movies: Like or dislike?
I can take them or leave them. Mostly I leave them.
47. Do you like to travel?
I like seeing new places; I don't like the process of getting there.
48. Any regrets?
Regrets? I've had a few, but then again too few to mention.
49. Do you like rain?
Absolutely love it. We are due for some tomorrow. Fingers