Today in My History
Baubles, Bangles, Bright Shiny Beads
Joy to the World
The Ghost of Christmas Past
The Puppy-Less House
Saw Nicki Kissing Santa Claus
until Proven Guilty
Falling in Love with PhotoShop All Over Again
Thursdays at Logos
Being in the Moment
Our Christmas Letter, 2015
"Miracle On 34th St: The Musical"
Books Read in 2015
Mirror Site for RSS
The New Brasilian in my
(his video is
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Pinata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
mail to Walt
mail to Bev
7 December 2015
Why Do You Want To Know That Meme
Stolen from: Love me some surveys
1. List 5 things you want to do before the year ends.
* Get new glasses
* Get things settled with my mother and Assisted Living
* Talk her long term care insurance company into paying for it
* Have a good Christmas day with Tom and his family
* Finish reading "Americanah," which it seems like I've been reading forever
2. What color are your pants?
It is rare when I am not wearing black pants. Today I am
wearing black pants.
3. Favorite motivational quote.
"You will lose someone you can’t live without, and
your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never
completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good
news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And
you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals
perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to
dance with the limp." -- Anne Lamott
4. When was the last time you drank coffee?
I am drinking coffee now.
5. What was the last thing you ate?
A Boursin cheese omelet
6. Favorite animal.
Wild: Elephant; Domestic: Dog
7. Favorite song.
Oh so many. I love Leonard Cohen's "Halleluja"
8. Last movie you watched?
In the theater: Mr. Holmes; at home: Unbroken
9. Any turn ons?
Crashing ocean waves
10. Any turn offs?
Listened to any Republican politicians lately?
11. List 4 big words off of the top of your head.
12. What are some meaningful movies?
* To Kill a Mockingbird
* Dead Poet's Society
* A Thousand Clowns
* Gorillas in the Mist
13. 2 most important people in your life right now?
Walt and my ophthalmologist!
14. What are 3 things you want for Christmas?
* World Peace
* A Clean House
* Donald Trump's withdrawal from the race
(gift wrapping optional for all three)
15. When was the last time you read a good book?
The last three I read were excellent: Darkest Fear by Harlan Coben,
Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming, and The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
16. What was the last thing you studied?
Directions for making the recipe I made last night.
17. Do you have any nicknames?
Just Mom and Grandma
18. Favorite kind of perfume? (fruity, alluring, etc.)
I haven't worn perfume in years, but my favorites tend to be more floral
19. Do you have any international friends / friends who live out of state?
Too many to list. We have hosted foreign students often and have
friends all over the world, plus many, many friends who don't live in
20. What is something unique that you do every single day?
Wear socks with Birkenstocks
21. If there was a movie based on your life, what would it be called?
Funny the World
22. When was the last time you bought a gift for someone?
I recently ordered my husband's Christmas present--and no, I won't say what
23. Are you a shopaholic?
Definitely not, well, except for books.
24. What are some songs that always make you feel better?
A lot of songs by John Denver, a lot of songs by Judy Garland, songs from
many musicals, like The Music Man, Les Mis, and Mama Mia (I am
embarrassed to admit the last one!), Gilbert & Sullivan operettas, and a
host of oddball singles I have loved over the years.