Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The song refers to the singing of choirs. Have you ever been in a choir or a vocal group?
I always sang in the school choir in both grammar and high school. We used to sing for Mass every Sunday in grammar school, since the church was next door to the school. We climbed up to the tiny choir loft high above the church. A highlight of the high school choir was that we sang for a TV documentary about a local home for unwed mothers. They couldn't show the real mothers on the air so we all donned maternity smocks and sang. Never dreamed I would later spend the better part of 10 years in maternity clothes! After high school, I was in the Newman Hall choir at UC Berkeley and eventually started singing with local church choirs. When David was a nursing baby, I wore a poncho to Mass and nursed him under it while singing. Nobody ever knew. Each time we moved I joined a new choir and each choir was less and less challenging. I finally gave up out of boredom when we moved here to Davis. I had sung Mozart masses and what we were given to sing here could have been done by any grammar school class. Yeah, I was that shallow.
2) Chris Martin sings of when he "ruled the world." If you were in charge and had infinite power, what would you change right away?
Other than taking Trump out of the race? I would make fresh clean water and bathroom facilities available to everyone world wide and make all elephant poach-proof.
3) Chris used to be married to
actress Gwyneth Paltrow. USA Today, The Washington Post and
The Daily Telegraph have all run articles about how Gwyneth
seems to annoy so very many people. What celebrity gets on your
4) Coldplay's first big hit was, "Yellow." What color are you wearing right now?
5) Sam remembers when she used to hear this song everywhere and can't believe that was 7 years ago! When is the last time you had a similar "my, how time flies!" moment?
When I saw the girls' first day at school pictures. I remember when this big girl was born.
6) In 2008, when "Viva la Vida" was popular, John Grisham's latest legal thriller, The Appeal, was jumping off bookshelves. What have you read this summer?
Since June, I have read 15 books, the best of the lot being "I'm Too Young to be Seventy" (Judith Viorst), "The Final Detail" (Harlan Coben), "Last Man Standing" (David Baldacci), "Acquired Tastes" (Peter Mayle), "The Martian" (Andy Weir) and "Chasing the Dime" (Michael Connelly)
Thinking of books: Let's say a biographer has taken the task of
writing your biography. What would you title your life story?
"It's all juice and crackers"
8) 2008 is also the year Paul Newman died of cancer. Name a Newman movie.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Verdict, The Sting, The Hustler, Exodus, etc.
9) Random question: Do you like garlic?
Oh my yes! Ain't no vampires ever going to get into this house!