28 September 2014
the "Ask Away" meme
1. What is your zodiac sign?
2. What is your favorite color?
Red, but the bluish reds not the orange-ish reds
3. Whats your lucky number?
Seven. I don't know why. But it's been my "lucky number" since
I was a child...to my knowledge it has never brought me any "luck."
4. What talents do you have?
I write, I cook, I'm fairly good with PhotoShop, I wiggle my ears and can curl my
5. Are you psychic in any way?
Not in the slightest.
6. Favorite song?
Right now, I think it's "For Good" from Wicked.
7. How many pillows do you sleep with?
8. What position do you usually sleep in?
On the couch, on my right side with my back pressed up against the back of the couch
to support my back.
9. Have you ever tried archery?
10. Whats the longest youve ever gone without sleep?
I dont know exactly, but our son Paul died at about 11 p.m. and I could not get to
sleep after we returned from the E.R., so had no sleep that night and functioned the next
day. I probably took a nap, but it's all a blur now.
11. Do you have any scars?
A very tiny, almost invisible scar on my left wrist.
12. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
If I did, nobody told me about it.
13. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
I wouldn't embarrass myself by trying. I can do Portuguese and French, but only
if I'm speaking those languages at the time.
14. Are you a good judge of character?
I don't know. Maybe.
15. Can you curl your tongue?
One of my special talents
16. Are you a clean or messy person?
I'm an Aquarian. Of course I'm messy.
17. How long does it take for you to get ready?
Minutes. I don't primp.
18. Do you have much of an ego?
Sometimes, but usually not.
19. Do you talk to yourself?
20. Do you sing to yourself?
21. Can you name all 50 states of America?
Possibly. I know them all, but I suspect that if I were put on the spot, I'd forget a
22. Have you ever been scuba diving?
No. Sounds terribly claustrophobic, being under water and relying on a tank of
23. What makes you nervous?
Large trucks driving next to me on the freeway, any time anybody I love is traveling
24. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
Usually only mentally.
25. Are you ticklish?
26. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
Yes, I was office manager for two different medical offices, and chief leader for two
different La Leche League groups. I don't like being in charge.
27. How many piercings do you have?
One in each ear lobe.
28. Can you roll your Rs?
Yes, especially if I'm speaking French or Portuguese
29. How fast can you type?
I haven't been tested in decades, but last time I was it was 135 wpm. Now my
accuracy is way down due to problems with aging fingers, so it would be
significantly less, I suspect.
30. What are you allergic to?
Probably dog hair, but I just sneeze.
31. Do you keep a journal?
You're reading it.
32. Do you like your age?
I don't like the aches and pains and reduced abilities that come with being in my
70s, but I wouldn't want to go back. Basically, I like being an old timer.
33. What makes you angry?
Politicians, homophobes, violence, cruelty to animals, careless drivers,
insensitivity. The usual stuff.
34. Were your ancestors royalty?
No, In fact, family lore says that my Scottish family motto is "I make
sure," which was what one of my ancestors supposedly said when he returned to make
sure that the guy they just attacked was actually dead.