Today in My History
2001: It's a New World--and I Hate It
2002: What Do You Get Two Guys Who Have Everything?
2003: Kangaroo Farts
2004: I'm a Winner!
2005: Studies in Canine Behavior
2006: I've Been
2008: Sanjaya and the 2008 Election
2010: Hey, Mr. Postman
2011: A Long Day
2012: Talking Heads
2013: Note to
The Ladies Foursome
Books Read in 2014
"A Kiss Before Dying"
Recent on My
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
mail to Walt
14 September 2014
I'm not sure I'm the right person for this meme, but what
the heck, I'll give it a try.
01. First Celebrity Obsession or Crush
Regular readers of this journal know this, I'm sure. Judy Garland. I fell
in love with her in 1954 when I saw A Star Is Born and stuck with her, literally
through thick and thin, for all the rest of her life. I can remember the terrible
day in 1969 when my mother called to let me know she had died. I feel so fortunate
that I was able to see her in concert four times and to meet her once.
02. Favorite Celebrity Encounter
It would have to be the pre-award ceremony reception I attended, meeting my friends
Jim Brochu and Steve Schalchlin there. They were up for an award (they didn't win),
and came to the party with their friend Carol Channing. I sat at the table with them
for about half an hour, watching everyone come and pay court to the living legend.
She was charming.
03. Most Cherished Celebrity Obsession?
Don't think I have one.
04. A celebrity youd love to hang out with?
Now this is an unfair question. I always answer this question by
saying Robin Williams...but I can't say that any more.
05. A celebrity youd love to sit down and have a conversation with?
All of the Righteous Mothers.
06. An artist youd like to see live
Once again, too late, but I would have loved to see Elaine Stritch.
07. A celebrity you respect purely for talent
Meryl Streep. The woman can do anything.
08. A celebrity you feel youd be good friends with
Fortunately, we already are.
09. A celebrity you dislike that others seem to love
Russell Crow or Mel Gibson
10. A celebrity you respect for what theyve been through in life
I can't say that I'm really a fan of hers, but you sure have to hand it to
Oprah Winfrey for what she has overcome and where she is today.
11. A celebrity you share a birthday with
Hal Holbrook and Paris Hilton
12. A celebrity you find annoying
Oh god, Justin Beiber. He had it all. Such incredible talent and seemed
like such a nice kid. I hate what he has done to himself. I'd say the same for
Lindsay Lohan as well.
13. Favorite under-20 celebrity
I don't know any celebrities under 20.
14. Favorite over-60 celebrity
Mark Harmon and Betty White
15. The celebrity fandom that means most to you
Not really being a "fandom" kinda person, I can't answer this question.
Photo of the
Day 75: Though I'll probably never meet her in person,
through the magic of Photoshop,
I am able to meet my Compassion daughter, Shallon, from Uganda