LogoNov14.jpg (94001 bytes)


BeStrong.jpg (13251 bytes)

Today in My History

2000: The Sky is Falling
2001: A Flock of Journalists
Funny--I thought It was Hilly
Once More Unto the Breach
A Bit of Excitement
25 Years in the Making
2006: My Kingdom For...
2007:  Reincarnation
2008: The Biggest Loser
2009:  Crafty Cuzzins
2010:  Books - Books - Books

2011:  The Curse of Adestapledes
2012: The Pit Crewl
2013: The Lass that Loves a Chauffeur

Bitter Hack
: 11/7
My Fair Lady

Books Read in 2014
"Fade Away"

Most Recent on My flickr_logo.gif (1441 bytes)

Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Airy Persiflage

CompassionButton.jpg (2957 bytes)
Letters from Lovson & Shallon
(2 of my best letter writers)

CoffeeF2FButton.jpg (21563 bytes)
Coffee #4:  Jessica Cox

My PinterestLogo.jpg (1892 bytes)

ProudElderblogger.gif (1358 bytes)

The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers

The story of Delicate Pooh

mail to Walt

(A photo scrapbook)

11 November 2014

Here is a mostly photographic record of today.  The dogs are very worried about their mom, who sits surrounded by cancer literature.

I brought a shirt for Peach, so we could both wear matching shirts to the first treatment.  For non "Outlander" fans, it says something about not worrying, in Gallic.

Kristie came to pick us up and, en masse (Kris, Bob, Peach, me), we headed off to the cancer center.  The first order of business was blood tests.

This is the port that was inserted (took 4 hours to do) last week.  It will allow them to put lines in for drawing blood and infusing the chemo chemicals.  Ideally, they should have been able to draw blood after inserting tubes into the port.

When it didn't work, they tried several different positions.

Finally they had to resort to the old fashioned methods

Next it was a meeting with the doctor, to get questions answered.

Then everybody moved into the room where the chemo chemicals would be administered.

(That's Kris on the left and her son Matthew on the right, who wanted to be here for his grandmother.  Like my feelings about Char's kids and how they behaved during and after Mike's death, I am very impressed with how Peach's children and grandchildren are rallying around her.)

Bob and Matthew went off to McDonald's to get lunch for us all, and Peach showed off her new Pink toes, symbolic of her first steps on this journey nobody wants to take.

There were emotional moments.

Matthew returned with lunch for us all.  We discovered cold McDonald's fries aren't very good.

The first treatment is very long and includes three different bags of chemicals infused over about 4 hours.

We spent time looking through a catalog of wigs and other head coverings, for when she loses her hair.

When another patient came to get his own treatment (he's a professional organist), the nurse moved our large group into a larger, single treatment chair room.  The chair here was much larger and Peach looked like a queen on an oversized throne/recliner (I wonder if Elizabeth II has a recliner....)

But ultimately at nearly 4 p.m., after being there since 9, the treatment was finally over!

We have two appointments tomorrow, an appointment on Friday, and another chemo treatment (this one only one bag, so it will only take an hour) on next Monday.

In the meantime, weather is still good, but they expect some snow flurries tonight.

Photo of the Day

I may have to find another typing arrangement!

I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
Remember to sign your name in the "Name" box or else you will show up as "anonymous" (unless you want to be anonymous, that is!)

HTML Guestbook is loading comments...

<--previousnext -->

Journal home | bio | cast | archive | links | awards |  Flickr | Bev's Home Page

This is entry #5342