30 March 2014
1. When you buy a greeting card are the words or the picture more
important to you?
Oh, the words, definitely. I'm always looking for the perfect snarky sentiment!
2. What's your favorite kind of cake?
I'm not a big cake eater, but my favorite used to be a chocolate cream roll, which my
mother used to make for our birthdays. A chocolate sponge cake rolled up with thick
real whipped cream and topped with a bittersweet chocolate frosting. I haven't had it
since I was a child.
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy
Since I am of the "glue macaroni on a card" level of craftsperson, I buy
gifts. More often than not books, since I am such a big book lover.
4. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition
is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?
Good question. I remember when my friend (who ultimately went through many
different elected offices up to state Representative from our district) won her first
elected office. She had anticipated being able to do so many things holding that office
and when she actually got into office, she discovered how much her hands were tied by so
many things she knew nothing about when running for office. Obama made so many promises
when he first ran and I'd be curious to find out how much he discovered that his promises
were not possible to be met because of constraints of the office, in addition to the
Republicans' vow not to let any of his policies be put into practice.
5. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?
My computer blocks most pop-up ads, so I'll say spam e-mail. (If I contributed
$3 every time someone tells me I could save the world with my donation, I'd have spent at
least $1 million by now!)
was the best party you've ever been to?
Hands down, one that the kids and I threw--Walt's 50th birthday party, a
surprise roast with people from all aspects of his life, even his childhood in Hawaii, as
he sat on the stage of the local theater, on a gigantic chair from the set of The
Nutcracker, dressed in a peer's robes and crown from the Davis Comic Opera Company's Iolanthe.
That party was more than 20 years ago and people still talk about that party today.
7. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?
TOO LOUD!!!! (can you hear me yelling?) It's why I don't like New York
City--too busy and too loud.
8. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are
then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain
$500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the
With my luck it's a certainty that the second envelope will be empty. I'll
take the bird in the hand.
9. Do you wish cellphone etiquette was a required class upon
It would be nice, but who would pay attention? The people who don't need the class!
10. What's the most messed up food combination that you've had
that was actually good?
Maybe banana meat loaf, which is actually quite good,
11. What's one of your most random pet peeves (something that
Parents who let their kids run around restaurants disturbing other diners (we didn't
let our 5 kids do it, why should they?)
12. When is the last time you had home cooking?
Last night. And the night before and the night before ad nauseam. I am the
13. If you could be a fictional character from a book who would
Claire Randall from the Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.
14. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you
The Big Bang Theory, but I couldn't be a cool nerdy character; I'd have to
be someone's mother.
15. If you could be any animal or creature for one day, what would
An elephant. I'd love to be a member of an elephant society. And because an elehant
never forgets, I could make lifelong friends before returning to my human form.
16. What's your favorite girl's name?
I wanted Jeri's name to be Laurie Pauline, but Walt didn't like it. I like
Jeri's name (Jerilyn Anne), but I really would like to have had a Laurie Pauline.
17. What's your favorite boy's name?
Probaby David (so why did it take us four children before we named a boy that???)
18. What's your supermarket of choice?
Nugget Market. It's a chain, but I suspect only a local chain.
19. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom
would you go as?
An old retired lady. I have the costume for that.
20. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?
Surprisingly, I have found that I can make it two hours without having to eat.
I never get anything at the concession stand. Too, too expensive!