Today in My History
2001: Plague Update
2002: Teach the
a Good Hostess
2006: Snippy, Nasty People
2007: Happy Birthday
2009: Blog, Blog, Blogging Along
2011: A Tribute to Brendan
2012: From the Sublime to the Ridiculous
Romeo and Juliet
Books Read in 2014
"40 Yrs of Chez
Recent on My
Ernest & Vanessa's Visit
Site for RSS Feed:
mail to Walt
10 March 2014
1. Have you ever pretended to read a book to impress someone?
I don't think so. I have started reading a book to impress someone and
sometimes I actually finish the book, finding it more interesting than I thought.
2. Have you ever pretended not to read a book in order to avoid embarrassment?
I'm not sure how you "pretend NOT to read a book," but there are some books
I avoid out of embarrassment at letting someone know that I might like to read
3. Whats your worst reading habit?
Trying to read too many at once and never finishing some of them. (This is one
bad point about having a Kindle...too easy to add an interesting book that you start to
read to check out, and then another interesting book comes along...)
4. What book are you most proud of having read?
I read "Tom Jones" when I was in college because I had read "Marjorie
Morningstar" who was reading that book on a cruise, and some guy expressed surprise
because he didn't think ANYBODY read "Tom Jones" just for pleasure. It was
a huge book, but I really enjoyed it.
5. Do you buy most of your books new, second-hand, electronically or borrow via the
I buy almost no new books, since I work in a used book store. But I buy a lot
of e-books from Amazon. I haven't been in the public library 3 blocks from our house
in years. But now that I have Amazon Prime, I can borrow from the Amazon library for
6. Have you ever pretended to watch a film to impress someone?
I don't think so.
7. Have you ever pretended not to have watched a film in order to avoid embarrassment?
No. I don't have any taste and I'm not embarrassed to admit it.
8. What movie have you watched the most?
The Judy Garland A Star Is Born, which I know I have seen more than 100
9. What film do you tell people is your favorite ever?
A Star Is Born (I am also not shy to let people know how much I hated what
Barbra Streisand did to that movie).
10. What film is actually your favorite ever?
Duhhh... A Star Is Born
11. What time do you usually wake up and get up in the mornings?
I usually wake up between 2 and 4, move from couch to recliner, go back to sleep and
wake up between 7 and 8:30.
12. Do you wake naturally or does something/someone wake you up?
On days when the dogs are being polite (which, thank goodness, is most mornings), I
wake up naturally.
13. How many snooze alarms do you need?
I don't use an alarm, snooze or otherwise.
14. Whats your routine on a workday/work at home morning?
Well, I'm retired, so I have nothing I have to do, but I usually get up,
make coffee (unless Walt has made it), watch The Today Show, Kelly and Michael, The
Today Show and whatever is on USA after that. I check e-mail, check Facebook,
check a discussion group on Swap Bot, answer letters, etc., etc., etc. No routine,
15. Whats your routine on a non-workday morning?
Same as every other day, with out The Today Show and Kelly and Michael.