Today in My History
2000: Jes' Chewin' the Fat
2001: Weddings and
Gift from Paul
2006: Living Local History
2008: Diary of Making a Wedding Cake
2009: Bon Voyage
2010: To All My
2011: Other Worldly
2012: Digital Nation
2013: A Very Short
Books Read in 2014
"Written in My Heart's Own Blood"
Recent on My
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
mail to Walt
June 22, 2014
61. Do you like current pop stars?
I don't know any current pop stars. Everybody sounds the same, but then I
listen to very little pop music these days.
62. What is your least favorite chore?
All of them (I'm lucky that Walt does so many)
63. Last place you drove your car?
To visit my mother, 5 minutes away, in her senior living facility.
64. Ever been out of the country?
Many times since 1989. Last time was last year to Ukraine (while it was still
tourist-friendly, sort of). In the fall we are going to Paris and the South of
65. Where were you the last time you used a public bathroom?
Hmmm...where have I been lately? Probably at one of the rest stops on the way home
from Santa Barbara.
66. Could you handle being in the military?
Sure. Can they use a fat 71 year old completely out of shape grandmother with a
permanent bend to her back and vision in only one eye?
67. What is your average cell phone bill?
I don't know; Walt pays the bills, but we never run over our basic service plan.
68. Who or what are you thinking about right now?
The show we just saw tonight, Maple and Vine, by Jordan Harrison, which I
have to write a review of tomorrow.
69. When was the last time you laughed REALLY hard?
It's been so long I can't remember.
70. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I don't know exactly, but I'm not a shoe person. I really only wear two
different shoes, one a pair of Birkenstocks, and one some black SAS shoes that I can use
for walking or more dressy (though they are not dressy at all...more clunky, old lady
71. Are your toes always painted?
They have been painted exactly once -- for my sister-in-law's wedding.
72. How many piercings do you have?
Two. One in each ear lobe. Got them in 1967.
73. What are you doing today?
I already did it. Went to take my mother's pills for next week to her, and then
went to Sacramento to see Maple and Vine (good show).
74. Have you ever been gambling?
Yes, but not willingly. I am a very unlucky gambler and usually just watch
others play. If I try to play, I always lose. Even when someone
insists on giving me a cup of coins for the slot machine, I will warn them that I will
lose it all, but they insist...and I do. But I have been to casinos in Reno, Lake
Tahoe, Las Vegas and Atlantic City with people who do like to gamble.
75. When is the last time you updated your blog?
Well. Right now, as soon as I post this. Before that, yesterday (I update
daily and have been doing that for nearly 15 years)
76. Do you like roller coasters?
I am a first class wimp. I have only been on tame roller coasters maybe 3 times
(one of those the Matterhorn at Disneyland, which shows you how "wild" I'll
get). I hated it every times
77. Have you ever been to Disneyland or world?
...land, yes; ...world, no.
78. Do you have a favorite cartoon character?
79. Last thing you cooked?
I made an "Impossible Tuna Pie" last night.
80. How's the weather?
Hot, but bearable.
81. Do you e-mail more than snail mail?
I used to, but since I have very, very few people to e-mail to now and I'm doing a
lot of swapping through Swap Bot, I probably send more snail mail these days.
82. What's the funniest picture you ever took with your cell phone?
I don't take a lot of pictures with my cell phone, and I frequently transfer them to
my desktop so I can use them in this journal, so I don't currently have really funny
pictures, but I do love this picture of Lacie with "bed head"
83. Last time you were sick?
I can't remember. It's been a very long time.
84. What states have you lived in?
85. Do you wish you could move?
No...it would mean cleaning up!
86. Do you take a lot of quizzes?
Always Sunday Stealing, lots of those "What XXX would you be" quizzes on
Facebook, and occasionally I'll do a non-Sunday Stealing meme.
87. What is your dream car?
I dunno. I like the one I have now. (2014 Honda Accord)
88. Have you ever wanted someone you can't have?
Sure. My very first crush was on our local parish priest.
89. If you could be anywhere right now where would it be?
Sipping a cool drink on the veranda of some game preserve lodge in Africa somewhere,
watching elephants come to a nearby watering hole.
90. Are you happy with your life?
Things could always be improved, but overall, I'm content. My assessment based
on this Sunday Stealing: I am a pretty boring person!