Today in My History
It's Too Damn Hot
2001: Someone Else's Treasure
2002: Called on the Carpet
2003: Home to Mother
2004: Love and Marriage, the other Side
2005: Welcome to My State
2006: Fighting City Hall
2007: "The Cave"
2008: Gone in a Flash
2009: Living with Gerry
2010: Nice to be
2011: Do You Remember...?
2012: Book Storage
2013: A Day at
Books Read in 2014
"A Judgment in Stone"
Recent on My
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
mail to Walt
June 15, 2014
30. Do you read your horoscope?
Almost never and I certainly never believe it.
31. Where was the last place you bought something?
The grocery store (Nugget Market)
32. How do you feel about your hair right now?
Hate it! It's too long and needs cutting
33. Do you bite your nails?
34. Do you have any expensive jewelry?
No, except my engagement ring.
35. Have you ever been told you speak fast?
Yes, but not lately.
36. Is your laugh usually hearty?
No. Too repressed to laugh heartily, except on rare occasions.
37. How fast have you driven a car?
I never reached 100, but I think I might have accidentally gone over 90 a time or
38. Have you ever smoked?
Half of one cigarette, in high school. That convinced me I wasn't interested.
39. What was your favorite subject in school?
English and French
40. Do you have cell phone provider loyalty?
Not "loyalty." We use Verizon, but I could change if it seemed a good
41. What type of boy or girl do you usually fall for?
I'm 71 years old. I don't fall for boys or girls any more!
42. Do you have any hidden talents?
I don't think so.
43. Favorite Song?
"For Good" from Wicked.
44. Do you like to sing at all?
No. I used to sing, but whatever voice I had has left me now.
45. Dream Job?
The one I have now: retiree.
46. Where does most of your family live?
California. (Come home, Jeri!)
47. Are you an only child or do you have siblings?
I had a sister 4-1/2 years younger; she was murdered in 1971, at age 24.
48. Would you consider yourself to be spoiled?
49. What was the first thing you thought when you woke up?
I slept the whole night without waking!
50. Do you drink?
Water, always. Alcoholic beverages, rarely, but yes, I do drink
51. Know any other languages?
A smattering of French, a smattering of Portuguese. I used to be sorta
conversant in both, but no longer.
52. Ever write a coded message?
As a kid, sure.
53. Have you ever been in someone else's wedding?
Oh yes. Many.
54. Do you have any children?
We raised 5, we now have 3 (David died at age 24 in 1996; Paul at age 30 in 1999)
55. Did you take a nap today?
Not yet, but I probably will later.
56. Who has the same birthday as you?
My sponsored child in Uganda, Paris Hilton, Lou Diamond Phillips, Hal Holbrook, and
57. Ever met anyone famous before?
Yes. Judy Garland, Carol Channing, Tipper Gore, Jim Brochu and Steve Schalchlin
58. Do you want to be famous one day?
59. Any Pet Peeves?
Bad grammar, eating with mouth open, speeders and weavers on the freeway, and
60. Are you multitasking right now?
I am always multitasking.