Please don't support cruelty to
elephants by attending a circus.
Today in My History
2000: High Stepping
2001: In the Arms of the Angel
Rudy and Jed
2005: Hit Me with a Meme
2006: 'Tis the Season
Poopiest Puppy Ever
2008: Hope and Disappointment
2009: When Friends Write Books
2010: Merry Christmas
2011: Loss and Grief
Writing, Part 2
Prelude to a Kiss
Books Read in 2013
"More than Petticoats"
Most Recent on My
Site for RSS Feed:
3 November 2013
This week's Sunday Stealing is really short, so Olivia P. will be
happy to see that I will fill up the extra space with cute grandchildren-Halloween
1) Do you think Daylight Saving Time is still necessary?
Being a city girl, I never understood the need for Daylight Saving Time, so...no.
2) How long does it take you to adjust to the time change?
As long as it takes to change the clocks. I am so completely un-time regulated
that other than the dogs' demands for mealtime, I don't notice any adjustments for me
personally. I never have.
3) What's the hardest part of the time change?
Trying to explain it to the dogs.
4) How many clocks are in your house?
Five, I think--one in the family room, 3 in the kitchen (microwave, stove, and wall
clock) and one in the master bedroom. (this doesn't count the built in ones on the
computers and cable box, which reset themselves)
5) Are you generally early, late, or on time?
I have to fight not to be early for things. It bothers me if I am as little as
two minutes late.
6) If an invitation to an event listed the time as 8-11pm, what time would you arrive?
It would be difficult, but I would force myself to wait until 8:30.
7) Do you wear a watch?
I haven't worn a watch in years, ever since Ned mentioned that he had stopped wearing
his...it never occurred to me that I could live without a watch, but I've never missed it.
8) Have you ever glanced at the time and had to glance again because you didn't pay
attention the first time?
All the time.
9) Are most of your clocks digital or dial?
Of the five, two are digital, two are dial and I can't remember what the one upstairs
is. Then there is the four-legged, furry alarm clocks...
10) What does your alarm clock sound like?
It snores (it's a dog)
11) Do you use the snooze feature on your alarm clock?
Yeah right. You try to get a dog insistent on waking you up to wait
another 20 minutes.
12) Does clock ticking drive you nuts?
Nah...I never even notice.
OK...in answer to impatient requests, here are some Halloween
pictures (thank you, Laurel). This year's costumes combined Star Wars and
Lacie was Yoda.
For Brianna, it was her first school Halloween parade.
(I love The Hulk!)
At night they went trick or treating with friends.
And this one was just too cute.