THE FILLER MEME
25 May 2013
Here's the "what to write when you know you aren't going to be
home to write a real entry" meme.
1. Which state do you consider to be the most boring state?
2. If any chef from the Food Network could cater your wedding, who would it be?
It's a little too late to decide on which chef is going to cater my wedding,
which was nearly 50 years ago, but if I were to have a Food Network chef cater a party,
I'd go with Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa), because she's laid back and her food always looks
3. What's the last thing you ate that was red?
Hmmm....I guess the strawberries in my salad yesterday.
4. Have you ever questioned the sexuality orientation of a close friend?
Does it matter?
5. Everyone loses a friend after some big fight. Tell us about one.
I have dwelled far too long on my difficulties with Peggy (if you don't know
who that is, check the "cast"
page for this journal). I'm finally starting to feel better about myself, so
there is no point in rehashing old news.
6. Have you ever washed an iPod or mp3 player in the washing machine?
No, but I have washed a cell phone (fortunately that was before I got a
7. Have you ever screamed / yelled angrily at a boss?
Only once, and he deserved it. It had nothing to do with work, but it was about
his grandson's baptism, which he was grousing about having to attend while we were working
on a Sunday afternoon. I yelled at him that work would still be there when he got
back, but that this was his only chance to be with his first grandson at his christening,
the he should GO to the baptism and he should smile. To my great
surprise, he took my advice.
8. Have you ever cried yourself to sleep?
More times than I want to remember.
9. Have you ever regretted being in a relationship with someone?
No. (There haven't been very many!)
10. Have you ever acted like you understood something when you didn't have a
Oh God, all the time. I am the Penny (of Big Bang Theory) of my life!
11. Have you ever thought someone must have been insane? If yes, tell us
something about the person.
When you work for a typing service, you see some very strange people. One of
the strangest was the former high school teacher who did have mental
problems. He always had arguments with invisible people when he came into our
office, and then he'd kind of snap out of it and apologize to use for his invisible
friends. He was really terrified of a popular magician of the day and felt that he
was controlling us with rays from outer space because he could make things disappear.
12. Have you ever pretended to be younger than what you are?
No. I have no vanity about my age. I am 70 years old, I like being 70
years old, I wouldn't want to be younger. I earned all my grey hair. I do,
however, have my mother's good genes. Nobody believes she's 93, and when I tell
people I'm 70, they don't believe me either.
13. Back in the day, did you ever cry because you were turned down for a date?
I didn't date much and it was generally only one person at a time, so I don't
remember ever being turned down or disappointed that someone didn't date me.
14. Have you ever had a pregnancy scare?
LOL. No. Every time it was a real pregnancy, not a "scare." All
five times. But all five were welcome.
15. Have you ever pretended to like someone when you didn't?
Yeah. I'm not the kind of person who can be cruel to someone if I don't like
them, so I smile and nod and act normal even if I can't stand to be around them.
Fortunately those people are few and far between.
OK...that's it for this meme. While you're reading it, with any luck I will
be dealing with movers and in the next entry I'll have all the news that's fit to
print...and maybe some that isn't.