Please don't support cruelty to
elephants by attending a circus.
Today in My History
2001: Peel Me a Grape
2004: Howdy, Neighbor
2005: I'm So
2006: There's a Sucker Born
2007: CompUSA, Part 2 (a
2008: Moving Midway
2009: The Return of Tater and Tot
2010: Davis Has Talent
Books Read in 2013
"Lie Down with
Most Recent on My
Site for RSS Feed:
3 March 2013
No, I'm not answering 5000 questions today, but the following is what
I found on Sunday Stealing today:
Today we ripped off a blogger named Leo from the blog Leonine's Journal. He was
tackling a meme that his blogging site, Live Journal, hosts. It has 5,000 questions. He
did a hundred. So, we will take it from there. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing.
Question Meme, Part One
5000 Question Meme, Part Two
5000 Question Meme, Part Three
5000 Question Meme, Part Four
101. What does happiness/joy feel
A tingle. An inner glow. That smile you can't quite wipe off your face.
102. List five things you love starting with the one you love the absolute most.
A - all of my family
B - volunteering at Logos each week
C - OK. I'll admit it. I love television
D - curling up with a warm dog, a soft blanket, and a good book
E - My computer(s)
103. How many movies have you gone to see this year?
Two: Les Miserables and Silver Linings Playbook
104. If you could have 3 wishes...but none of them could be for yourself, what would
you wish for?
#1 - that all of my sponsored children could have access to clean water and enough
food to eat
#2 - that Jeri could find a teaching job in California so she could return
#3 - that somehow Bob will miraculously be able to come home again.
105. In what ways do you relax and de-stress when you are really tense?
eat, TV, computer
106. How much money would it take to get you to sell your blog address?
Not interested. At least not until we finish the 5000 question meme.
107. Have you ever been hunting?
Shoot Bambi? Surely you jest. I am not a hunter and have absolutely NO
interest in hunting.
108. Have you attempted this 5000 question meme in
No. Never heard of it until today.
109. What do you think of cloning?
An interesting concept with potentially disastrous consequences.
110. Do you read or watch TV more often?
I watch TV more often, but I often read while I'm watching TV.
111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights
and freedoms for increased safety?
I think there is an awful lot of hype that is stirring up fear and panic and no, it
would take a lot to sacrifice rights and freedoms.
112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught
I can see this is a very old questionnaire. If I found Osama Bin Laden alive, I
would put him on display at Ripleys because it would prove reincarnation.
113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body?
No. That's juvenile.
114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV?
Radio, no. TV a couple of times.
115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes?
I am not a winner. Mostly because I don't play. But I don't play
because I have never been a winner.
116. Have you ever won a contest or competition?
I won 5th place in an essay contest once. It was a trip by ocean liner from San
Francisco to Los Angeles (basically overnight). But I have no pride in the win
because my essay was pretty much dictated by a nun, who didn't let me write any of it
117. Have you ever watched The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross (check out this link
if you don't know who he is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross_(painter)?
Yes. He was amazing. Sad that he is no longer with us.
118. Do you know what your grandparents and your great grand parents did for a living?
My father's father worked in a garage his whole life (after he left vaudeville, where
he was an Irish tenor). My father's mother had been a dancer in the chorus line in
Vaudeville and then a housewife the rest of her life (she may also have worked as a
manicurist for awhile; I'm not sure). My mother's father was a farmer and earlier in
his life he had been a handiman and a plumber. I can't remember what her mother did
before marriage, but raising 10 children kept her pretty busy after marriage! I
don't know what most of my great grandparents did, but on my mother's side one of her
grandfathers was a newspaper man, another was a hellfire and damnation preacher.
119. Is there anything really interesting in your family history?
Too much to write here. But to name a few, one aunt was married 13 times to 12
men (#5 and #7 were the same guy and in between he was married to her sister). My
godfather, also my great uncle, was a champion 6 day bicycle racer; another great uncle
came one fight from being featherweight champion. One uncle on my mother's side was
a prisoner of war and had some interesting stories to tell about that experience.
120. Is there anyone you trust completely?
I don't really want to think about trusting "completely." I have been
disappointed many times by people I thought I could "trust completely." I
probably could trust Walt completely, but you never know...