2 June 2013
1. Whats something you hide about your personality?
If I told you, I'd have to kill you...and it wouldn't be hidden any more.
2. How do you deal with criticism?
Very badly. I am very sensitive when it comes to criticism.
3. Whats something sweet youd like someone to do for
Arrange a reunion with me and all of the "special" foreigners who stayed
with us over the years. I got the idea from watching the movie, The Blue Veil,
where at the end of her life, the heroine, who worked as a nanny all her life, has a
reunion with all of the children she helped raise. I suspect it was a really bad movie,
but you can't find a copy of it anywhere today.
4. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch
with and why?
Kay Scarpetta, because she's cool, she's a great cook, and I'd like to find out why
she has let Patricia Cornwell write so many really bad books about her
(fortunately, the later ones have been OK).
5. Who would you say is your anti role model? Someone
who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration?
6. Whats the most infuriating thing your parents do?
Well, it's only my mother and of course the most infuriating thing she does isn't her
fault...it's the fault of her short term memory loss. But I don't blame her for it.
7. Which movie character do you most identify with and why?
Sancho Panza, because I'm round and klutzy and make a good sidekick.
8. Youre an Action Movie Hero. Whats your weapon of
choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
I'd make a rotten movie hero. I hate violence, couldn't use a weapon if my life
defended on it, and my scream would be a pathetic, "Please, you, do not hurt
9. Whats the oddest term of endearment youve ever used
or that someones used for you?
10. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you?
Whats the story behind that?
There were many kinds of music that I learned to like when Peggy and I were friends
(John Denver, Celine Dion, Shanaya Twain, etc.) that are all painful to listen to today.
11. Which mythological creature are you most like? Why? And if you
could be any mythological creature, which would you want to be? Why?
A tribble. Again, I'm round, soft, fluffy, and in my time have reproduced like
crazy. I also like wheat products.
12. Describe your dream library.
Like this, but with a big bay window looking out over some body of water (lake, pond,
ocean, creek...I'm not particular!).
13. If you could design an amusement park ride, what would it be like?
Slow, interesting rides with no hills or valleys, but a side car that has drinks and
14. Do you have any rules about food?
I'm on the "see food" diet. See it, eat it.
15. Whats your opinion on age differences in relationships?
16. Whats something you want to do that youd be
embarrassed to tell other people about?
Well, good grief, if I'd be embarrassed to tell other people about it, why would I
publish it in a public journal?
17. Describe a time/event in your life that youre nostalgic
The Lawsuit years. Meeting our kids in smoky bars, watching Paul cavorting on
stage and David cavorting with Tom on the dance floor, the Horns of Adequacy, that great
percussion break in Bottles of Chance and everybody dancing around the stage to Thank
God,You're doing Fine.
Those were the days, my friend!