Please don't support cruelty to
Today in My History2001: Eye on the World
2002: This and That
2003: Super Australia Bowl Day
2004: Quiche and Cookies and Chips, Oh My!
2005: Gay Puppies
2006: Up and Down the Silverado Trail
2007: She's Home! She's Home!
2008: Michele and Gautami!
2009: Go See a Play
2010: Love Those Appliances
2011: A Cuppa Tea
2012: Carpenter's Eyes
"Rock of Ages"
Books Read in 2013
Most Recent on My Jeri's Visit, Jan 2013
Site for RSS Feed:
27 January 20131. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Exactly 10 years ago today (you can check in "Today in my History" in the left column), I was attending a Superbowl Party with my friends Shelly and Ellen
2. By this time next year, I ...
...will be used to being 70 and will start realizing that I am about to turn 71.
3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?
Lord, I hope so. After watching her being questioned this week, I so strongly hope that Hillary decides to run in 2016 and will vote for her enthusiastically, if she does. So many other countries have female presidents, why not us?
4. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
Not much into shagging strangers.
5. Who is your greatest enemy?
6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
The MOST recent trip of more than 100 miles was to Santa Barbara at Christmas time, to spend the holiday with the grandkids. It would, of course, be more fun to talk abut the cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam, though. But that was not the most recent trip.
7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Probably the thesaurus. As a critic, who writes a lot of theater reviews, I often am looking for a word that is not the same old word I use all the time ("delightful" is an overused word of mine, for one!)
8. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
Not really. Other than Bev and Mom, no.
9. What are you dreading at the moment?
Can't think of anything.
10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
Heck no. After nearly 13 years of writing this journal, I don't care what people have to say about the content (unless it's someone in my family who feels uncomfortable about something I've shared)
11. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not?
Hey, I'm just so thrilled to find something that fits that I don't care what the label size says.
12. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about?
This journal. And organizing my photo files on my hard drive.
13. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today?
Probably "Lad, A Dog" and all the other Albert Peyson Terhune books about dogs.
14. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with?
Dorothy, hands down. Blanche and I wouldn't get along at all, Sophia is too cranky, and Rose is just too "good." (While I would love to spend time with Betty White, the actress, her character would not be my choice to hang out with for the night)
15. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price?
16. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
I'm not sure. Maybe 8? My father told me by accident because he thought I had figured it out. I hadn't.
17. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail?
18. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if its spoiled, do you?
Sure. I wouldn't want to accidentally drink spoiled milk.
19. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, What are you doing?
Probably having a very nice dream, but if I really had a free day and $2,000, it's not enough to fly to NY and seeThe Book of Morman, so I guess I'd have to pick something closer to home. I'd probably drive to SF with Walt and go to one of the high end restaurants we see on Check Please, Bay Area but can't afford. And if there is enough left over, spend the night in a nice hotel instead of driving home at midnight, like we so often do.
20. What is the most used item in your home?
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Tonight we went to Capital Stage in Sacramento to see
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...