Please don't support cruelty to
Today in My History2001: Don't Look Back
2002: Aging in Rochester
2003: Dim Sum
2005: Where Am I? How Did I Get Here?
2006: Battered Woman Syndrome
2007: Technological Quagmire
2008: Napping with Kate
2009: Kaiser Labyrinth
2010: So Many Choices
2011: A Restaurant Review
2012: The War on Women
"The North Plan"
Books Read in 2013
"Breath of Snow and Ashes"
Most Recent on My Jeri's Visit, Jan 2013
Site for RSS Feed:
ON THE EVE OF MY 70th BIRTHDAY
17 February 2013
On February 17, I will finally cross over the line into the 70s, so on that eve, I will do this meme, which l'empress reminded me she did back in 2005. (Thank goodness for saved Christmas letters!)
30 years ago...
* Our children were still in school, and we were hosting foreign
students (ultimately 70 from 14 different countries over 10 years)
20 years ago
* Walt and I returned to England and Ireland, visited
Cousin Nora in Ireland and our friend Jane and her family in England
10 years ago
* I lost 85 lbs through Weight Watchers (and then gained
most of it back)
8 years ago
* We were working with the SPCA fostering dogs and feeding
5 years ago
* We became grandparents -- Brianna was born!
3 years ago
* Walt and I went to Russia with the Blackfords on our
first Viking Cruise
1 year ago
* We took the Grand European cruise from Prague to
Amsterdam with the Blackfords and then visited Jeri & Phil in Boston
So far this year I
* Have been thoroughly enjoying bonding with my new iPad
* Met with Shelley about coming back to the Lamplighters
* wrote the review for the show we saw on Thursday night
Tomorrow I will
* Turn 70
PHOTO OF THE DAY
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...