Please don't support cruelty to
Today in My History
2000: Back to Basics
"The Miracle Worker"
Books Read in 2012
"Other Voices, Other Rooms"
Most Recent on My The Paul Picnic
Site for RSS Feed:
BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW...
18 October 2012
Some oddball facts I came across. I know some of them aren't accurate (especially the ones about the statues of guys on horses), but I thought the list was interesting.
1. The most common name in the world is Mohammad.
2. CocaCola was originally green.
3. The names of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with. (I guess you're supposed to leave off "North" and "South")
4. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
5. There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
6. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the typewriter keyboard.
7. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
8. You cant kill yourself by holding your breath.
9. It is impossible to lick your elbow.
10. People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
11. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
12. The "sixth sick sheiks sixth sheeps sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language. (I wonder if whoever said that has ever read "Fox in Sox")
13. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
14. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.
15. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
16. If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.
17. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.
18. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
19. Question: What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and
laser printers all have in common?
20. Question:_ This is the only food that doesnt spoil. What is this?
21. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
22. A snail can sleep for three years.
23. All polar bears are left handed.
24. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
25. Butterflies taste with their feet.
26. Elephants are the only animals that cant jump.
27. In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
28. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
29. Shakespeare invented the word assassination and bump.
30. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
31. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated. (I wonder who discovered THAT!)
32. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
33. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
34. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.
35. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
36. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
37. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
38. Like fingerprints, everyones tongue print is different
39. There is a Butterfly in Brazil which has the color of chocolates and also smells like Chocolate
40. Giraffes can clean their ears with their tongue
41. Both Humans and Giraffes have the same number of bones in the neck
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...