(an old one)
26 November 2012
This was one that I started to do one year ago and never finished, so
I thought I'd finish it now.
21. What was the last song you listened to that wasnt sung in English?
Feliz Navidad. It's the start of the Christmas carol season...by the
time Christmas gets here I will go stark raving mad if I hear that song one more time!
22. First album you ever went and bought with your own money?
It was a 10" vinyl album, the soundtrack from the movie Calamity Jane.
23. When did you last play a game?
A group game? That would be the last time we had Cousins Day, which was last
month. The last time I played a game by myself would be Spider Solitaire, which I
play all the time.
24. What was the last video game you played?
I dont know that Ive played a video game in a very, very long time, but I
play a lot of on-line Scrabble.
25. Have you ever been in a musical?
No. I left that up to my kids.
26. Do you follow your own style or everyone elses?
My own -- and I have a lousy sense of style!
27. Whats the last store you bought from?
Nugget Market, my favorite of the supermarkets in Davis..
28. In retrospect, have you ever let a person use you a lot?
Definitely. Im a real pushover. It has bit me in the butt over and over
again, but I never seem to learn!
29. What are you doing two days from now?
My follow-up doctor's appointment to see if my pulse is any better. Then lunch
with a friend.
30. Did you ever believe there were monsters in your closet?
In the closet and under the bed. I was a mess as a kid.
31. When you graduated high school, did you let random people sign your
yearbook or just close friends?
Well, I was the editor of my high school yearbook and it came out LATE, so I had to
drive the books to all of the graduate students (we were a class of 60). They werent
too happy with me, so only my close friends signed.
32. Would you consider adopting a child that had a mental illness?
No. Im much too old to be adopting a child, with or without special problems.
33. Does thinking about death scare you?
A little, but there are so many friends and relatives waiting for me on the other
side, it doesnt scare me as much as it used to.
34. If you died, do you believe that you go to Heaven or Hell and where would
your spirit go?
I dont know about Heaven and Hell. I believe there is an after life and
Im curious to find out where Ill end up when I pass over.
35. Who did you last write a snail mail letter to and why?
It was to one of my Compassion kids. I write to each of them on a regular basis.
36. Do you care what people say or think about you?
Yes. Too much, I think.
37. Have you ever been threatened?
Only once when I was in grammar school. I was babysitting and had taken my young
charge to a park, which turned out to be deserted. An older boy had followed me and tried
to grab me, but I picked up the boy I was babysitting and screamed and I guess it scared
him away because I was able to get the heck out of there.
38. Which side of your family do you get most of your qualities from?
My humor definitely from my fathers side of the family. But I hope that most
come from my mothers.
39. What was the last thing with alcohol that you drank?
Probably whatever it was that we drank at Cousins Day last month.
40. Name someone who made you laugh today?
The dogs always make me laugh. Today I laughed when Polly, who was
sleeping under a quilt with me, suddenly popped her head out of the blanket, ears straight
up, eyes searching the kitchen because she heard Walt start to make breakfast -- and she
knows that always means a taste of sausage for her.