Please don't support cruelty to
elephants by attending a circus.
Today in My History
2000: Travel and Tourism
2001: "Old Guys"
2005: The Splendor and the Glory
2006: I Don't Meant to be
2008: I Love Tom Sims
2009: Two Dog Night
2010: Cousins Day
2011: Judy Watt has Died
"The Year of Magical Thinking"
Books Read in 2012
Most Recent on My
The Paul Picnic
Site for RSS Feed:
18 November 2012
1. Have you anything to confess today?
Nope. I am pure as the driven snow.
2. have you ever broken a law? If so, what was it?
I was an habitual thief at one point in my life. Every time I went to the
corner grocery store, I stole pieces of chocolate. I suspect the owner knew and
never said anything. I was about 5.
3. have you ever committed an act of betrayal against a friend or family member?
Nothing comes to mind.
4. Has someone else done something that, to this day, makes you cringe when you think
about them committing the act?
I can think of a few people and a few things, but the one I was a party to was
helping a friend with an affair she was having. To this day, I think the affair was
huge mistake and I have been sorry for a long time that I was a party to any part of it.
5. Have you ever found yourself sexually aroused by someone that you absolutely should
not have been?
Oh sure. Hasn't everyone? Isn't that what movie crushes are all about?
6. have you ever cheated at school? how so?
I don't think so. Not that I can remember. (God, I'm so boring!)
7. What if you came across a backpack stuffed with one hundred thousand dollars. Would
you keep it?
Definitely not. Well, not until a thorough search had been conducted for the
8. What if you were the most powerful person in the world. How would you use that power?
-I would make certain that no child in the world went to sleep hungry again
-I would make certain that no woman was ever violated or abused again
-I would make certain that no animal was ever mistreated again
-I would find a cure for AIDS, cancer, ALS and any other terminal disease
-I would clean all the bodies of the water in the world, so nobody had to drink
-I would find a way to bring peace to the world
-I would give Schuyler Rummel-Hudson
9. What if you found a magic lamp?
Assuming that it contained a genie who could grant my wishes, see the answer to #8!
10. What if you could change one thing about the world. What would that one thing be?
Whew. Where to begin. Climate? war? children? animals? I would like
to change the hearts of people that makes them hate anything "other." I'd like
to think that would end war, but given human nature, probably not.
11. What if you could take one thing back. What would that one thing be?
I would have stood up to my father when he insisted I go to UC Berkeley, when I
wanted to take a year off to work first. While that has resulted in a multitude of
wonderful things, it also has left me with great guilt over flunking out so gloriously.
12. What if you were stuck on an island forever but had all the water, food and shelter
you needed. What would you do?
Depends on the kind of island it is. If I had nothing to read, no computer, and
no television, I would find a way to do a lot of writing. I'd also probably go stark
raving mad in a couple of weeks. (Could I have a soccer ball to talk to?)
13. What if the internet didn't exist?
I lived a good many years of my life without the internet. Life with the
internet is a hydra-headed monster. It has made my life so much richer, but it is
also an addiction. I wouldn't want to live without the internet again, but I would
14. What if you never started blogging?
I would have missed an incredible number of wonderful experiences that have happened
because of people reading my blog. I would also have missed the opportunity to meet
a host of other great/interesting people by reading their blogs.
15. What are your November 22 Thanksgiving plans?
We are going to my mother's. At 93, she doesn't remember how to cook, and she
no longer travels more than 20 miles from her house, so I'm taking all the food to her
house and will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for her, my husband, and my son and his
wife. I called my mother today to ask if she was ready for us to come on Thursday
and she got very indignant and said nobody had told her anything about it. Which, of
course, we all have. I love my mother, but I miss the mother she used to be.