Today in My History2000: No Entry
2001: Where the Heck is Australia?
2002: The Awkward Dismount
2003: Fire Breathing Dragon
2004: Writing Down the Bones
2005: There ARE Perks
2006: It's a Long Way to Sacramento
2007: Organizational Paralysis
2008: If I Had a Noseful of Nickles
2009: I'm Not Feeling Well
2011: Ding, Dong, the Witch is Dead
"The Meaning of It All"
"Little Shop of Horrors"
Books Read in 2012
"I want to grow hair, I want to grow up
I want to go to Boise"
Most Recent on My Santa Barbara, April 2012
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
2 May 2012
...so even in the midst of heartache, the dogs must be fed and life goes on. We humans are so resilient. Even when we think that we will be sad forever, our bodies just don't let that happen.
But things were pretty mundane today. Got up, fed the dogs, tried to get everything I needed to do on the computer done (it's becoming surprisingly more complicated these days!), went to the book store and had a fairly quiet afternoon, came home, cooked dinner, and am now watching the results show for Dancing with the Stars.
So, with nothing interesting to report, time to delve in the Meme vault and find one I haven't done yet. Here goes:
1. Have you ever been on the wrong side of the law?
2. What was the last thing you described as either "surprisingly
good" or "surprisingly bad?"
As for "surprisingly good," maybe the vanilla malt we had at Mel's diner the other day. It's so rare I order something with malt in it where I can actually taste the malt.
3. When was the last time you unintentionally surprised someone else?
4. When was the last time you deliberately surprised someone else?
5. What was the last really funny movie you watched?
6. What is something that you've never done that you secretly are dying to do?
7. What do you hope is different in your life by May 2013?
8. Who is the last person you greeted at your door?
9. If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of
its society and culture, which one would you choose?
Tomorrow is Cousins Day. We are having our regular cousins day and then in the morning on Thursday, we will drive Kathy's ashes out to Drake's Bay and scatter them where we scattered her mother's ashes (if I can find the place!). So anyway, the next entry of this journal won't be posted until late tomorrow afternoon.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
The book I read at Logos today