1. Are you in a job that you truly enjoy?
I'm retired. Of course I am!!
2. If you could do any job in the world what would it be?
Exactly what I'm doing now, including going to a few shows to review them, and
volunteering at the book store.
3. If you could be a character in a novel who would you be?
Claire Randall in the "Outlander" series--but only if I could be that
young, strong, and agile!
4. When it comes to spending time with those you love, do you think it should be about
quality or quantity?
Do I have to choose? If so, I guess quality. No point in quantity
if the time is going to suck!
5. Is there a job/career you wanted but realized you couldnt possibly do for one
reason or another?
Yes. I was a big fan of nurse books when growing up -- Sue Barton, Cherry Ames,
etc. I imagined myself as a nurse. Then I realized I would have to clean up
poop and vomit and decided ... uh... maybe not.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world or out of this world where would you live?
Australia. Beautiful country, less complicated politics, and that incredible
Indian Ocean. Of course then there's the heat and drought. I think I'd better
think it out again.
7. Where would you most like to visit and who with?
Africa. With anybody who wants to go on a photo safari.
8. Which skill would you like to learn?
I would love to be a really good photographer (but can't justify spending the money
on a really good camera)
9. What made you laugh today?
Lizzie, because she's such a silly dog.
10. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Doing NOTHING. I've already seen 3 stage shows I have to review and I'm looking
forward to a day off.
11. What is your sign and do you believe in horoscopes etc?
I'm an Aquarius and I only partly believe in signs. I don't know a lot about
the signs of the Zodiac, but I am a stereotypical messy, disorganized Aquarian and my
mother is a stereotypical neatnik Virgo.
12. If you could change one thing about your life thus far, what would it be?
I would like not to have two dead children.
13. If there was one charity you could give a huge contribution to, which charity would
it be and why?
Compassion, Int'l because of the work it does with children all over the world.
14. Should smoking be legal?
I personally don't like smoking and don't necessarily like being in places where
there is smoke, but like with alcohol, I think it's a personal decision. (I'd also
like to see marijuana legalized...and have never tried that either, and would not if it
15. What are your views on the smoking ban in public places?
Thank you for those laws. I think if people want to kill themselves with
cigarettes (and two in my family have this year), that's their decision, but I really
don't want to have to sit in the middle of a cigarette cloud when I myself do not want to
breathe that smoke.
16. Why do you blog?
All sorts of reasons, but mainly because I love writing.
17. Do you have a favorite author?
John Steinbeck and Bill Bryson
18. Can you play any musical instruments?
I can blow a mean kazoo.
19. What would your ideal car be?
I'm not into cars. I can't really tell one brand from another without going and
looking at the name on it. If it runs reliably, gets somewhat reasonable gas
mileage, and comes with a way of connecting my iTouch, I'm a happy camper.
20. Describe yourself in one short sentence.
21. What do you look for in a spouse/other half?
Not looking any more.
22. Worst meal youve had?
Some friends from then-Zaire came and wanted to cook us a meal from their country.
They worked so hard on the food (including squatting on the floor to grind
something for something). I appreciated the love and energy that went into it, but
I'm sorry--it just was not good. I choked it down, but that may have been the worst
meal. It's the one that comes to mind, anyway.
23. What do you do to relax in the evening?
Same thing I do to relax during the day--computer, TV, napping
24. Do you get along with your siblings?
We get along great. She's been dead for more than 40 years.
25. Do you have any regrets?
Regrets, I have a few, but then again too few to mention...