Today in My History2000: Gay Pride #3--the Big One
2001: Girl Stuff
2002: Don't Forget to Register
2003: So How Are You?
2004: Fairy Tale Wedding
2005: 40 Years and Counting
2006: The OTHER Wedding
2007: Counting Sheep
2008: Still Cooking After All These Years
2009: No Charge for the Extra Protein
2010: Life Aboard Ship
2011: Sunday Stealing
Books Read in 2012
"L is for Lawless"
Most Recent on My Sunday in San Francisco
HAIKU OF THE DAY
An Oom-pah-pah band
Site for RSS Feed:
LET THE SUNSHINE IN
26 June 2012
Apparently while we were stuck in traffic yesterday, trying to make it home from San Francisco, I was nominated for an award, by l'empress, who is a frequent commenter on this blog. I am touched by her nomination. Thank you!
I love it when bloggers award each other things like this because it shows that someone reads and appreciates what you try to do each day. Of course, each award comes with its sets of rules...because the whole purpose of these is to inrease traffic to your blog.
These are the rules:
I've accomplished the first requirement by linking to her blog in the first paragraph.
Here are the questions I'm supposed to answer (kind of a mini meme!).
OK. Now comes the place where I nominate 10 other bloggers for this award. I follow a lot of blogs and read them through Google Reader, so I will just go to that list and choose the ones I read most, in no particular order. There are a couple I read that I would add to this list, but they are password protected (You Know Who You Are) and so I will not include them)
1. Life on a Small Island is written by my real-time friend Sian, who lives on a small island in Orkney. I love her tales of life on her island, her cat Button, her chickens and I do believe there is something somewhere about a lighthouse...
2. What if this is as good as it gets is by Kwizgiver, from whom I get most of the memes that I answer. I have a feeling that if we were ever to meet, we would get along very well, since we seem to have a lot in common.
3. Blogging from the Boonies is written by Michelle, who is one of the Compassion families I discovered when I first started sponsoring children with Compassion. She is all heart and it inspires me to read her entries.
4. Life Philosophy 101 for the Squirrelly Senior Citizens is written by a guy who calls himself Jonathan Hemlock which may or may not be his real name. He's married to "the French lady" and has an off the wall sense of the absurd that appeals to me.
5. I guess I have to mention Living in the Bonus Round, 'cause Steve would get his feelings hurt if I didn't. But I have to anyway because getting to know Steve changed my life, but don't tell him, OK?
6. Keeping with old folks, I need to add Nonagenarian Surfer, my new friend Bill ("Willy"), whose 98th birthday I just helped celebrate. Bill's blog is a bit different than most but is fun to read, and he is helped to publish it by...
7. ...Wilma of Wilma's Word, whose latest entry with pictures of her grandson is just adorable.
8. Though she doesn't write much any more, I always feel compelled to award one of these to Marn of Marn's Big Adventures, just for the joy she has given me over the years. If it weren't for Marn, I wouldn't have a clue what a "hostia" is.
9. Jenconsin is Jennifer's blog. Jen is dealing with more than most of us have to deal with, but she has the cutest son in the world...I've been watching her gorgeous photos of him since he was 2 or 3.
10. I'll end with Mary, another one I always include in things like this. Mary is another face to face friend who writes a blog called Red Nose, because she used to be a clown, though now she seems to spend all of her spare time watching hockey, her passion.
Finally, as a PS, but no less significant, June 26th marks our 47th anniversary.
FORTY-seven years. It seems so long. We usually go out to dinner to
celebrate, but since I have to review Grease on our anniversary, we decided to go
out for breakfast instead. There was some talk about crab eggs benedict,
and I hope they are available on Tuesday and not just on the weekend.