Today in My History
2000: On the Frazzle
Enough for You?
2003: What a Great
2004: A Dog in
Search of a Park
2006: Always a
2007: "Progress" in the "Way
2009: Health Again!
2010: A Travel Meme
Books Read in 2012
Most Recent on My
Santa Barbara, July 2012
HAIKU OF THE DAY
It's soft as Jello
my well-worn yellow t-shirt
Site for RSS Feed:
11 July 2012
I haven't done a meme in a long time. My computer guru is
coming to pick up my desktop and take it with him while we're gone to fix some glitches
that have popped up, so I need to post this entry early, so I will do a quick Sunday
Stealing, since I haven't done any in a couple of weeks. Here goes....
141. What's the difference between Stealing and other memes that
I think the diverse subjects of the questions. I'm always amazed at the amount
of new stuff this meme comes up with.
142. Best cartoon show ever?
Toss-up between Rocky and Bullwinkle and The Simpsons.
143. Does it matter to you if your significant other smokes?
Yes. Cancer and lung problems are very big in my family. In fact,
everyone who has died has died of lung problems. Fortunately Walt doesn't smoke.
I don't think Ned smokes much any more.
144. Do you ever use your full name?
Only if forced to. I don't even use my middle initial.
145. Do you get annoyed easily?
It depends on about what. I get VERY annoyed at politics lately...or maybe
depressed is a better term. I get annoyed at little things. Mr. McCoy, for
146. Indecent proposal: Would you sleep with an attractive billionaire for millions of
There isn't enough money.
147. Where do you draw the line?
I'm sure there is a good answer to this question, but I can't think of one.
148. Have you ever been on a road trip?
Just went on a road trip to Santa Barbara last week.
149. Whats your favorite drink?
150. Which is better, amazing eyes or an amazing smile? Why?
Smile. As someone who was born with squinty eyes, I pay more attention to a
smiles than to eyes, though when you have eyes like Laurel or Tom's daughters, you can't
help but notice them.
151. What was your first thought this morning?
"I have to pack."
152. Have you ever wanted to go to sleep and not wake up?
153. Would you try to take over the world?
Good lord, no. I wasn't even very good at handling the family!
154. Would you have plastic surgery?
Cosmetic, no. To correct some sort of injury, perhaps.
155. Are you going on vacation this year? If so, where?
Yes. Tomorrow. To Prague. Wanna come?
156. How much cash do you have right now?
Do you want to know in dollars, Euros, Florints or Korunas?
157. Tell us something totally random about yourself.
I can wiggle my ears.
158. What really turns you off?
People who think Rush Limbaugh is a god. Unkindness. Prejudice.
159. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
When I was in high school, a man ran out of his shop to stop me and then looked
disappointed and called out "Hey! You look like Judy Garland." Made
160. Youre having a bad day. Who do you want to talk to?
161. Have you ever studied the Bible?
I'm Catholic. We know nothing about the bible.
162. How do you align yourself politically?
Left. Not far left, but definitely left.
163. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve?
Surviving this trip, and being able to keep up with the group most of the time.
164. Name one celebrity you hate, and why.
Can't think of any offhand. Not much into current celebrities.
165. Whats your favorite store?
Logos Books, of course.
166. Do you personally know anyone homeless?
Not any more, but I did when I volunteered at the homeless shelter.
167. Watching or playing sports?
This body is not built for playing sports.
168. Who is your oldest friend? How long have you known them?
Do cousins count? I've known Peach all of my life. For people not related
to me, Char would be the oldest, and the one I've known the longest (since 1961)
169. Do you like photography?
170. Pain or no gain?
I don't do pain as well as I used to. I'm more the "peel me a grape"
sort of person these days.
171. What's something people say that you generally find annoying?
172. How often do you change your myspace/facebook/etc profile?
Only when something new happens in my life.
173. Do you ever cook?
Only once a day.
174. Have you ever been on a boat?
Many times...and we will be getting on a boat in a few days to sail the Danube, Rhine
and Main rivers.
175. What do you do most when youre bored?
176. What is your favorite musical instrument?
I don't know that I have a favorite.
177. Whats your phone ringtone?
On my cell phone, it's the theme to Wallace and Gromit
178. Have you ever been in a movie? (Either amateur of professional.)
This is a movie-making famiy and it is rare NOT to be in a movie.
179. Describe your life currently in five words.
Getting ready for our vacation
180. Where did you last fly to and why?
I can't remember the last time (maybe not since we flew home from China last
year), but Wednesday I will fly to Frankfurt and then on to Prague.