Today in My History
2000: The Boy
with Pink Hair
2001: Leaving Latte Land
2002: Live as
Naked Ladies (and Gents)
Sheila Got Her Groove Back
2006: Misty Water-colored Memories
Me If You've Heard This Before
2008: Cavities Too?
2010: "Something With Chicken In
2011: The Food Meme
Robert Lautz, feature story
Books Read in 2012
Most Recent on My
Santa Barbara, April 2012
Site for RSS Feed:
mail to Walt
FEELIN' CRAPPY (again)
24 April 2012
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use the title, given
the title of yesterday's entry! The cold and wind of San Francisco
yesterday didn't kill me, but I sure felt awful today. I didn't even care about
writing. I decided to take the day and just relax. I slept most of the day,
save for being awakened by two phone calls (both solicitors). I finally was up at
nearly 4 p.m., feeling somewhat human again, thank goodness.
But since I've done nothing but sleep, and since I missed
Sunday Stealing, here is this week's.
1. My uncle once: was a prisoner of war in World
War II. I told his story back
2. Never in my life: Have I been neat or tidy.
||3. When I was five: I was a cute little kid with
Shirley Temple curls...and apparently of normal weight. I wonder how I went from
this to "you're too fat to dance ballet" two years later.
4. High School was: Some of my favorite years. I loved my
small school, made good friends, have nothing but very good memories.
5. I will never forget: Oh so many things, but leaving aside anything having
to do with the kids (so as to avoid charges of favoritism), the first thing that comes to
mind was a tribute the Lamplighters held for contralto June Wilkins. I was the one
who insisted they have the party and I decorated three really wonderful cakes. She
never had a clue and might not even have known who I was. It is so much more
satisfying to do something like that anonymously.
6. I once met: Judy Garland
7. Theres this girl I know who: was in a Japanese internment camp at
Tanforan race track. Her name was Marie Davilla. I knew her in grammar school.
She loved horses and could play "Flight of the Bumblebee" on the piano.
8. Once, at a bar: I discovered that people had gathered for a surprise 30th
birthday party for me.
9. By noon, Im usually: Ready for lunch
10. Last night: I had the best crab dinner ever.
11. If only I had: established good health habits when I was younger.
12. Next time I go to church: It will undoubtedly be for someone's funeral.
13. Jonathan Frid: Made vampires sexy...and wasn't his death a nice bit of PR
for the upcoming Dark Shadows movie?
14. What worries me most: That Obama won't be re-elected.
15. When I turn my head left, I see: The new fan I bought. The weather
is warming up and my old fan died the death. Now I face a cool summer in my office!
16. When I turn my head right, I see: The very large collection of postcards
I have amassed. I am going to have to be involved with Postcrossing for 100 years to
use them all up!
17. You know Im lying when: Heck, I'm not going to reveal that
18. What I miss most about the 80s: All the people who were still alive and
still a part of my life.
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, Id be: I don't identify with
any character in Shakespeare.
20. By this time next year: I will have visited five more countries than I
have visited up to this year.