Today in My History2000: Bev, the Jet Setter
2001: My Civic Duty
2002: Around and Around and Around and Around
2003: 100 Things
2004: Cut and Paste
2005: Never Let a Dog Read
2006: The Rainbow Coalition
2007: Baby Sykes Gets a Gift
2008: Death, Aging and Other Indignities
2009: Krafty Cuzzins
2010: The LGBZ Community
"Bye Bye Birdie"
Books Read in 2011
"A Plague of Secrets"
VIDEO OF THE DAY/WEEK
Most Recent on My
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
My Compassion Kids
The Pen Pal Project
8 November, 20111. Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?
I never heard of such a thing.
2. Whats the largest age difference between yourself and someone youve dated?
3 years, I think...It's been nearly 50 years since I dated!
3. Ever been in a car wreck?
Only one where we were sideswiped and knocked across the freeway, but nobody was hurt and the cars were OK too.
4. Were you popular in high school?
No. I was just in a lot of stuff, but I was definitely not one of the "popular" girls.
5. Have you ever been on a blind date?
No. I dated very little, but I knew them all before we went out.
6. Are looks important?
Yes, and no. People may be turned off by someone's looks, but looks aren't the most important thing. An awful lot of "good looking" people are real creeps and a lot of not so good looking people are absolutely wonderful
7. Do you have any friends that youve known for 10 years or more?
Probably most, if not all of my friends have been in my life for more than 10 years.
8. By what age would you like to be married?
46 years ago. :)
9. Does the number of people a persons slept with affect your view of them?
Makes me no never mind what someone else does. If that question means does it make a difference in whether I would date them or not, since I'm not dating, I could care less.
10. Have you ever made a mistake?
Good lord, yes!
11. Are you a good tipper?
Tom made me very aware of the value of a good tip, so yes, I am a pretty good tipper.
12. Whats the most you have spent for a haircut?
I have been getting my hair cut at Supercuts for so long, I can't remember, but maybe $40?
13. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
Yes. My typing teacher in high school
14. Have you ever peed in public?
When I was in grammar school, I was at a public park that had no bathroom and I had to go very badly. There was nobody else in the park and I crept into the bushes to pee. I tore a big hole in my pants and had to walk home with my butt hanging out. One of my most embarrassing moments.
15. What song do you want played at your funeral?
I'm going to be very angry if Steve Schalchlin doesn't fly in from NY and sing "Save Me a Seat."
16. Would you tell your parents if you were gay?
Definitely. Following in my sister's footsteps.
17. What would your last meal be before getting executed?
A big plate of steamed Dungeness crab (fresh, not canned) and creme brulee.
18. Beatles or Stones?
19. If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be?
I wouldn't want that much power over someone's life and death.
20. Beer, wine or hard liquor?
Depends. Not a big beer drinker, though sometimes (especially in China) a cold one tastes good. Before dinner I'd rather have a gin and tonic than wine. With dinner I'd rather have wine. But more than any of those, I'd choose water.
21. Do you have any phobias?
PHOTO OF THE DAY