Today in My History
2001: Three in One Year--Whether I Need them or Not
2002: A Uniboob Kind of Day
2003: Another Milestone
2004: Jiminy Cricket
2005: Rumble, Rumble, Rumble; Mutiny, Mutiny, Mutiny
2006: A Day in the Life
2007: Jello, Anyone?
2008: The Final Goodbye to Michele
2009: Just a Hop, Skip and Jump
2010: 3 Countries in 3 Days
Books Read in 2011
"Worth Dying For"
VIDEO OF THE DAY/WEEK
And on You Tube
Most Recent on My New China Pictures
Chongqing - (Pandas)
Xian - (Terracotta Warriors)
The Great Wall
Hong Kong (All China pix are now posted)
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Airy Persiflage My Compassion Kids Postcrossing Postcards The Pen Pal Project
A WEDDING THURSDAY THIRTEEN
June 23, 2011
Here are thirteen things about our wedding, which
took place 46 years ago (as of Sunday)
2. Walt wore a white tuxedo jacket coat with a grease stain on the back of it at the hem line. He had to fix the car on the way to the wedding. He ended up folding up the corner of the tux so no one could see the grease stain.
3. The Newman Hall choir sang a Mozart Mass (complete with string quartet) for us as a gift
4. Walts deaf co-worker had never been to a Catholic service before. His only comment: It certainly was long.
5. My bridesmaids were my sister, my sister-in-law and two friends. One friend was from high school, the other was my good friend, and Jeri's godmother, Jeri.
6. My something old was (faux) pearl earrings that had belonged to my grandmother. I still have them, but never wear them because they aren't for pierced ears.
7. We were married by our good friend, Tim Toohig, a brand new Jesuit priest. We were his very first wedding.
8. The reception was at the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park (who knew then how important Brasil would be in our lives!)
9. Instead of plastic pillars to raise the tiers of the cake, they were raised up on inverted champagne glasses, with frosting roses under them. I still have the champagne glasses that were used.
10. A guy at the Physics Department made a molded styrofoam champagne holder with dry ice that kept a bottle of champagne cold until we got to the first stop on our honeymoon
11. We have a movie of someone sneaking into the reception, from the picnic area below the Brazilian Room and stealing 2 glasses of champagneand suddenly becoming aware that she was caught on video!
12. We left the reception in Walts 1953 Rambler convertible, which barely made it up the hill to where our real car was parked.
13. Phoebe caught the bouquet. Its been 46 years and she still isnt married.
PHOTO OF THE DAY