Today in My History
2000: My Buddy
Moby Dick Variations
Books Read in 2011
"Deliver Us From Evil"
VIDEO OF THE DAY/WEEK
And on YouTube
Most Recent on My The China Pictures
(not complete yet)
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Airy Persiflage My Compassion Kids Postcrossing Postcards The Pen Pal Project
June 5, 2011
Well, I said that Kwizgiver has good memes and I liked today's so I decided to do it:
Sunday Stealing: The Team Jeffie Meme
TRUE OR FALSE
Q: Kissed someone on your friends list? true (my children, some of my friends...or do you mean "that" kind of kiss, in which case, false.
Q: Been arrested? false
Q: Held a snake? true (it peed on me)
Q: Been suspended from school? false
Q: Sang karaoke? false
Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn't do? true
Q: Laughed until you started crying? true
Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue? true
Q: Kissed in the rain? true
Q: Sang in the shower? false (I'm too inhibited even to sing in the shower!)
Q: Sat on a roof top? false, I think
Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? true (at a family reunion ... EVERYONE was pushed into the pool, even the old 80s aunts!)
Q: Broken a bone? true. I dropped a frozen roast on my toe.
Q: Shaved your head? false
Q: Played a prank on someone? true
Q: Shot a gun? false
Q: Donated Blood? true, every 6-8 weeks
1. You hung out with? Char
2. You texted? Tom
3. You were in a car with? Walt
4. Went to the movies with? Walt and Ruth
5. Person you went to shop with? Walt, I guess--he went off in his direction; I went in mine. He found pants, I didn't.
6. You talked on the phone? my "big sister" (from high school), Joycie
7. Made you laugh? Brianna
8. You hugged? Walt
IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU...
1. Sang? no
2. Listened to music? no
3. Danced Crazy? no
4. Cried? no
1.Who was your first prom date? Bill (he's now a Jesuit)
2. Who was your first roommate? Judy (I learned to dislike her quickly)
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? probably beer, I don't remember -- it was almost 50 years ago!
4. What was your first job? babysitting
5. What was your first car? I've never had a car of my own
6. When did you go to your first funeral and viewing? My grandparents took me to a viewing (God knows why) for a friend of theirs. I was 5 and it still haunts me whenever I smell gardenias.
7. Who was your first grade teacher? Sister Mary St. Patrice
8. Where did you go on your first ride in an airplane? to San Francisco, coming home from touring Disneyland in about 1957 (we had gone to LA by ship)
9. When you snuck out of your house for the first time? I never had to sneak
10. Who was your first best friend? Gayle Tarzia
11. Who was your first Best Friend in high school? Madelyn Powers
12. Where was your first sleepover? at my grandparents'
13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? My mother
14. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid? My cousin Peach
15. What is the first thing you did when you got up this morning? Stumbled to the computer and checked e-mail (addicted? who me?)
16. First time you tied your shoe laces? I can't remember
17. Are you Facebook friends with your first crush? No. He's not active on FB.
18. Who was the first person you met from the blogosphere? I've met lots of internet friends and lots of blog friends. The first internet person I met was back in the 1980s, someone in the Davis area whose name I don't remember. I can't remember the first actual BLOGGER I met in person, but I've met lots and lots of them by now, at JournalCons and other places.
19. What was the first music album that you bought? I think it was the soundtrack to the movie "Calamity Jane" (with Doris Day)
20. Who was your first celebrity crush? Judy Garland
PHOTO OF THE DAY