20 December, 2011
OK. So I'm a day late. So sue me!
1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from for your posts?
So many things, depending on what is going on with me and with the world around me.
I am always inspired by the Compassion bloggers and I like to read blogs which are
written well; those are both an inspiration and a humbling thing!
2. If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you
switch with and why?
Hmmm...interesting question. I think my friend Sian, who writes Notes from a Small Island because I would insist
that our swaps include my traveling to Orkney and her coming here. That would be
worth the swap right there!
3. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why?
It already has a theme song, the Lawsuit song, "Funny," the first
line of which is Funny the world in a world
all alone. It took me about 5 minutes searching for a name for this journal and
then the song leaped out at me and I've never looked back.
4. What is your writing process for a post?
I sit down. I write. Sometimes I struggle for a subject, but usually it's
pretty easy, and when nothing percolates up, I do a meme!
5. Your blog requires a cute, new, mascot -- what would it be?
Well, a dog, of course. Maybe a cute little pit bull puppy, because they are
big and soft and floppy, just like me.
6. Do you feel you express your "true self" on your blog?
Most of the time. What gets printed in this blog is definitely the true me,
though there are editing bits that take place from time to time.
7. What is your biggest online pet-peeve?
Text shorthand. If u cn rd this u r better than I. I especially hate text
shorthand in the blog of anybody over the age of 40. It then becomes an affectation.
8. If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why?
The only fictional universe that comes to mind is the one Diana Gabaldon created in
her "Outlander" series. Of course I'd have to be in better shape, but
traipsing around Scotland with Jamie Frasier has its appealing points.
9. You're having a bad day, you're upset, you're angry, or you're sad -- what
is your go-to comfort?
I eat, of course. I also eat when I'm upbeat and happy. And I eat when
I'm bored. Food is a one-stop emotional crutch for me!
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
"We need to have people who mean something to us, people to whom we can turn
knowing that being with them is coming home." I have that hanging on my wall for
11. If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your
leading lady/man, your best friend, and your rival?
Rosie O'Donnell would be me. After that I'd leave it up to the director.
I have NO imagination for filling in these roles! Discussion question: Who do
YOU think should play those roles? Leave a comment!
12. Do you think the world is going to end in 2012?
It depends on who is nominated by the Republican party.
13. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
I would rather have a life-long love of exercise and vegetables. (Which is really
weird because my father was an exercise NUT, but we never, ever did anything as a family
which was physically healthy and my whole childhood was spent eating the richest, most
fat-filled foods, and desserts, though my mother loved gardening and loves fresh
14. What is your favorite season and why?
Fall, because the trees are beautiful and the weather ahead is cold and rainy.
I also love spring, but what comes next is hot and I am not a big fan of hot
15. You've been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead
being or would you embrace it for all it is worth?
Oh probably embrace it. Too much trouble to fight.
16. Have you personally met any of your blogger friends?
Yes, several (though most of them were internet friends who started blogs after we
17. What does your favorite pair of underwear look like?
Like any other pair of underwear (why do we call it a "pair" when you only
put on one piece of clothing?) I'm a big fan of the dreaded granny panty. Going
"wild and crazy" is ordering some pastel colors.
18. Have you ever drunk something right from the container in the refrigerator
knowing other people will have to drink out of the same container later?
Yes...but it never occurred to me that other people would drink out of the same
19. What is your favorite word and explain why?
Well, I'm embarrassed to say that the only word that has come to mind is the F word,
which I say, sotto voce, to myself too many times in a day. Nothing else works quite
20. 2011 is soon coming to a close, is there anything you'd like to do
different on your blog in the year 2012?
Celebrate the re-election of Barack Obama.
I also think of redesigning this blog every year, but never come up with a different
design that I like