Today in My History
Sound of Music
Books Read in 2011
"Kiss the Girls"
VIDEO OF THE DAY/WEEK
Most Recent on MyBrianna's 3rd Birthday
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Airy Persiflage My Compassion Kids Postcrossing Postcards The Pen Pal Project
8 April 2011
Thirteen memories I want to wrap in tissue paper, place in a box, and
put right by the door so that in case of catastrophe I can grab them and never lose them.
2. Walts stage dive at the Thousand Red Roses concert.
3. Sitting behind Gilbert and watching him conduct
4. Sitting in the audience and watching Jeri conduct her own composition
5. Watching toddler David run up our little hill in Oakland and throw himself into my arms for a big hug.
6. Toddler Tom running in the house, dirt on his face, football under his arm, to leap on my lap and nurse for a couple of minutes before running back outside to play again.
7. Giggling with Peggy in Australia, finding everything funny, so good to be back together again.
8. Spending six weeks with my mother after her broken ankle. Sad for her, a blessing for me because of the time we had to spend together...and because out of that accident grew "cousins day"
9. Going with Sister Anne to take lunch to Pat, the blind guy who lived a few blocks from my high school
10. Watching Tom feeding cereal to poor bandaged Pooh.
11. Watching June Wilkins, the magnificent Lamplighters contralto, cut the cakes I had decorated for her for "June Wilkins Day."
12. Watching Ned swim the length of the diving pool after hed done a belly flop off the 3 meter tower. I was so proud of him that day and how he climbed back up on the tower and dove againthis time hitting it right.
13. Pauls stage dive at Whole Earth Day.
How blessed I am to have these memories -- and many others -- how
they warm me when I need a security blanket.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
My one of a kind envelope that I made