1 December 2010
The pictures at the left have nothing to do with
this entry, but they were so funny, I had to share!
Here is a "beliefs" meme:
1. What were doing 10 years ago?
The outstanding things were starting this blog, shaking hands with Tipper Gore, and
meeting both my friends Ruth and Peggy for the first time.
2. Five snacks that you enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world
Donuts, Chocolate Croissants (except in Paris, where they have no calories),
Chocolate truffles, Cheesecake, and Creme Brulee.
3. Five things you would do if you were a billionaire:
- Give each of our kids enough money that they don't have to struggle so much
- Travel first class
- Buy a computer with the largest hard drive and fastest speed possible
- See every Broadway show from the orchestra seats and stay in the best hotels while
- Become a philanthropist, working to help improve the life of kids around the world.
4. Three of your habits:
- Falling asleep at the drop of a hat
- Reading during intermission of shows that I review
- Scratching my head when I'm driving as I begin to get sleepy
5. Five jobs that you've have had:
- Medical office manager and transcriptionist
- Theatre critic
- Test tube washer
6. Five places that you've lived:
- San Francisco
- Albany (next door to Berkeley)
7. Five things that you did yesterday:
- Fed puppies
- Washed towels
- Picked up Poop
- Shopped at Costco
- Spent (too much) time on the internet
8. Five people you would want to get to know more about:
I don't think I could pick out five people. I figure public figures are owed
their privacy and should reveal whatever they want to reveal and keep hidden things they
want to keep private. As for personal acquaintances, I figure that I'll learn
whatever I need to now an don't want to pry. (However, wouldn't it be fun to discover that
Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh have some deep, dark, embarrassing, disgusting secrets?)
9. Abortion: for or against it?
I don't think anybody is "for" abortion, but like the people who work in
the field, I feel that it should be an available option for women who feel they have no
other options. Some people will abuse that option, but for others it is essential (rape
victims, molested children, etc.)
10. Do you think the world would fail with a female president?
Good Lord, no. After watching how the men have botched it up, the right female
president may be a welcome relief. Look at the countries that have successfully been
led by women already.
11. Do you believe in the death penalty?
No. I don't believe in an eye for an eye. I feel that life imprisonment
without possibility of parole is a much more harsh punishment and actually costs less than
putting someone to death.
12. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?
Yes. I've never used marijuana and have no desire to, but it has been proven to
be a less dangerous drug than alcohol and think of how much police energy could be put
into fighting serious crimes if they weren't sniffing out marijuana growers and users.
Heck, set up stores to sell it over the counter and raise money on the tax that
could be charged.
13. Are you for or against premarital sex?
I think there is nothing wrong with consensual sex, whether there is a marriage
license involved or not.
14. Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized?
Well...duhhh. Anybody who has read this for any length of time at all know
that I am all for same sex marriage. Why should one class of citizens be set apart as
undeserving of the same rights that the rest of us enjoy? Why should two people in love
not be allowed to make a legal commitment to each other? Why deny divorce attorneys of the
opportunity to make even more money?
15. Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the
I think the question is wrong. Hispanics are not the only illegal aliens here
and I feel it is unfair to focus strictly on those who are here illegally from Mexico.
I don't have the answer, but the solutions that have been presented thus far all
seem ineffective. Why should we spend billions to build a wall or send men with
rifles to the border when people from other countries fly into the country on a tourist
visa and disappear into the crowd all the time?
16. Should the alcohol age be lowered to eighteen?
This is a difficult question. I would hate to see it lowered to 18 so that
there can be drunken high school graduation parties, but if someone is willing to risk
his/her life for this country, they should be allowed to drink alcohol, if they want.
17. Should the war in Iraq be called off?
You can't just "call it off." But we should definitely be working to
bring the troops home, which we are.
18. Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree?
I have held beloved pets in my arms and watched as they peacefully leave this life.
Why should we force beloved humans to suffer if they are ready to leave this world?
19. Do you believe in spanking your children?
Heck no. They're all big enough to beat me up if I do.
20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
I have no doubt that some may, but what am I going to do...lie? I am who I am, I
believe what I believe and I don't apologize for having an opinion.