Today in My History2001: The Vets
2002: It's Like...You Know
2003: Simply Beside Myself
2004: Pick a Plan and Stick With It
2005: Does Martha Go Through This?
2006: Dancing in my Heart
2007: Things Change in an Instant
2008: Fiat Lux!
IN MY OPINION
Stomp Books Read in 2008
"The Black Echo"
FUNNY THE VLOG
FIRST MEME OF THE YEAR!
6 January 2009
Ah...just because it's a new year doesn't mean I've given up memes. I came across this the other day and since I'm such a TV fanatic, I thought I would start the year by doing it:
1. Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least twice:
Little House on the Prairie, Northern Exposure, Monk, West Wing, Star Trek, and probably lots more
2. Name a show you can't miss:
Jeopardy, Daily Show, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, House, Desperate Housewives and probably lots more.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show:
Judi Dench, Dustin Hoffman, Leonard Nimoy
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show
5. Name a show you can, and do, quote from
Laugh-In, Star Trek
6. Name a show you like that no one else enjoys
Oh I think you can pretty much find someone who likes everything, but I'm sure there aren't all that many 65 year olds watching American Idol, and I don't know anybody who watches reruns of Whose Line is It Anyway. And I'm not sure how many people will sit and watch the cooking competition shows on the Food Network (especially the cake decorating competitions).
7. Name a TV show which you've been known to sing the theme song
The Brady Bunch
8. Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch
The Mentalist (of the new shows I watch)
9. Name a TV series you own
Seinfeld, Star Trek TOS, Star Trek Next Generation, West Wing, Northern Exposure, The Avengers, Picket Fences, Dick Van Dyke Show, Slings and Arrows, Merv Griffin, Johnny Carson (best of) and a couple of others I can't remember now. Yes, I really do have collections of the entire run of most of those shows (only excerpts from Griffin and Carson)
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium, but has surprised you with his/her acting chops in television
Well, Fred Thomson isn't going to win any awards for his acting, but he's a much better television actor than he was as a Republican presidential candidate!
11. What is your favorite episode of your favorite series?
West Wing - "Two Cathedrals"; Northern Exposure - "Jules et Joel"; Star Trek - "The Trouble with Tribbles"; Dick Van Dyke Show - "The Curious Thing about Women" and "It May Look Like a Walnut"
12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven't gotten around to yet
13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad?
I stopped watching Lipstick Jungle when I learned it wasn't going to be picked up. I was really tired of it. I tried Jericho but never liked it. I really tried to like Heroes, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. To each his own.
14. Name a show that's made you cry multiple times
Touched by an Angel. I get my daily catharsis watching it each day. And, in former years, Lassie, of course!
15. What do you eat when you watch TV?
Yogurt, sometimes. Mostly I don't eat while watching TV.
16. How often do you watch TV?
bwahahaha. How many hours are there in the day?
17. What's the last TV show you watched?
The Big Bang Theory
18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of TV?
Medical shows. I think I've seen 'em all, starting with Dr. Kildare and Ben Casey.
19. What was the first TV show you were obsessed with?
I'm not sure how you define "obsessed." We went to Star Trek conventions twice, but only because the kids wanted to go. I don't own "stuff" from any TV show. My obsession only leads to recording and watching the shows.
20. What TV show do you wish you never watched?
21. What's the weirdest show you enjoyed?
I've caught some of those Japanese game shows on Cable. Those were just...weird!
22. What TV show scared you the most?
Twilight Zone - I still expect to find someone standing on the wing of a plane when I look out the window!
23. What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched?
The Dick Van Dyke Show, Seinfeld or Whose Line is It Anyway (if you haven't seen the excerpt with Richard Simmons, look it up on You Tube)
PHOTO OF THE DAY
"Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Daddy?"
MILES TO NOWHERE: 91 miles