2000: Dolphins & Tigers & Puns...oh My
2001: Like Normal Folks
2002: Looking for a Little Support
2003: The One-Handed Life
2004: The Best Show on Broadway
2005: Marathon Man
2006: What? No Video?
2007: Ned, Don't Read This
IN MY OPINION
Books Read in 2008
at these videos!
New on My
Mirror Site, for RSS feed:
11 June 2008
apparently feels I don't do enough memes, so she has tagged me for another one. So
you can all blame her.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning
Let's see. 10 years ago was after David died and before I started this journal. It was after I got on the internet, so after I made a lot of friends through CompuServe, but before I met Peggy, or Steve. It was after the end of Lawsuit. It was before my job with Dr. G, but after my job with the ob/gyn office, so I guess I wasn't doing any salaried job except transcribing for the psychiatrist. It was before they asked me to start reviewing for the newspaper. It was before I started biking, and before I had a digital camera, so there is no photographic evidence easily available to see what, indeed, I was doing! Obviously this has been a very eventful 10 years!
Judging by all the things that have happened in the 10 years, all I
can assume was that 10 years ago, I was sitting at home eating bon bons.
1. ice cream
1. All of the above, eaten guiltily
Given that a billion dollars doesn't go as far as it used to...
1. Do as much as I could to fund organizations like The Gorilla Foundation, the Sheldrake Foundation for orphaned elephants, the Elephant sanctuary in Tennessee, and any group working to improve the plight of animals.
2. Back a bang-up Broadway run of "The Big Voice: God or Merman," with all the publicity and pizzazz that it will need to get an audience, and produce an Original Cast recording of the show.
3. Give a sizeable donation to Breaking Barriers, which does so much locally to help men, women and children with HIV.
4. Buy the plot of land my mother's mobile home sits on so she doesn't have to worry about whether she has to move out of her home or not.
5. For myself, buy the fastest computer with the largest hard drive
available and an on-call technician who can help me, at my own pace, learn all the
workings without making me feel like a dummy. Throw in an all-expenses covered
iPhone too, for the heck of it.
1. Test-tube washer in a medical lab
1. Scratching my head when I'm sleepy (anybody who has ridden in a
car when I'm driving knows when I'm starting to get tired!)
1. With my parents in San Francisco for 18 years
(obviously I don't move around much!)
Instead of "tagging" anybody, I'll take Bill's (of "The Dahn Report") idea and include five interesting journals you might want to check out. They are under NO obligation to do this meme (and I probably won't even let them know I've linked to them)
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Walt's last day in Boston
MILES TO NOWHERE: 50.5 miles