IN MY OPINION
My Favorite Video Blogs
New on My
(with the hope that everyone in my family will think about making a similar list before their birthdays and/or Christmas roll around!)
Q & A
9 April 2006
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Yuck.
2. Whats a word that rhymes with "DOOR"? More
3. Favorite planet? Well, since I don't travel in outer space much, I'll have to stick with the one I know: Earth.
4. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your mobile? I think the only person on my missed call list is my friend Mary, in Wisconsin. She has stopped calling me now because I never answer my phone--I use a cell phone about as often as Mary (the other Mary, the one who posted this Q&A) seems to (based on her answer to this question)
5. What is your favorite ring on your phone? Well, I do have a special ring on my phone. When I found that I could download Over the Rainbow to use as a ring tone...how could I not? (I also have If I Only Had a Brain, which I use from time to time...not that it really makes a difference since I rarely use the phone anyway!)
6. What shirt are you wearing? A red shirt covered with zebras and puppy formula.
7. Name the brand of shoes youre currently wearing? SAS loafers. I have very few pairs of shoes (my mother is so ashamed!), and all of them are of the "comfy" variety.
8. Bright or Dark Room? Depends on my mood and the time of day. I like to have it dark when I snuggle into the recliner to watch TV, but there's something nice about a bright room.
9. What is the closest object to your left foot? Sheila.
10. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? She's fun, she's a good juggler, she has the same offbeat sense of humor that I do, she's one of the few people I know who will answer when I say "rumble, rumble, rumble" (and get it right), and she's got great taste in husbands.
11. What were you doing at midnight last night? Bottlefeeding a puppy.
12. What did the last text message you received on your mobile say? "Happy Birthday, Mom" (it was from Jeri, back in February)
13. Where is your letter box? Letter box? Where did this list originate? England?? If you mean the place where my mail is deposited, it's attached to the side of the house, right by the front door.
14. Whats a word that you say a lot? It has 4 letters and it starts with "F." (Yes, I'm going to Hell. I know that.)
15. Who told you he/she loved you last? Walt.
16. Last furry thing you touched? A puppy.
17. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? 2 blood pressure meds, 1 cholesterol med. Neither of them alters my reality.
18. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? Film? How quaint. The last roll of film that I bought is still in the camera (and I'm not sure I know where the camera is)--I took it to Houston before I started writing this journal, 6 years ago. Never finished the roll and never went back to a film camera after I got a digital, in February of 2000.
19. Favorite age you have been so far? 60 was a good age. My weight was down and I was feeling pretty good.
20. Your worst enemy? My own bad habits.
21. What is your current desktop picture?
This is "Lagoon Lake," near Monkey Mia in Australia. I finally got tired of my Walace and Gromit desktop photo.
22. What was the last thing you said to someone? "Is that about Katie Couric?" (Walt had just read me a comment made by a SF Chronicle TV reporter regarding Katie's move to CBS. The quote was "CBS has just bought an iPod for its Edsel.")
23. If you had to choose between a million dollars, or being able to fly, which would you choose? I'd take the money. I think I'd be afraid to fly without a plane...and with a million dollars, I could by a lot of plane tickets.
24. Do you like someone? I like a lot of people. None of them work for the current administration.
25. The last song you listened to? Kettleman's Lustige Streiche, which is a piece Jeri wrote that I used as the background music for my video of the puppies (the toddlers) playing with Sheila. (Of course, technically speaking that's a piece of music, not exactly a SONG.)
26. If the last person you spoke to was getting shot at, would you jump in front of the bullet? Sure. With all this padding, I'd be in much better shape to stop a bullet. (Of course, I'm not sure if I'd be faster than a speeding bullet)
27. If you could punch 1 person in the face whos in your life right now, who would it be? I'm not a violent person. I can't imagine punching anybody in the face.
Personal observation: I notice that as I did this list
of questions, I also edited some of the wording for clarity or grammatical errors.
It's a sickness.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
I loved the "casual" pose!